Please apply on our website
About the Position:
We’re a small team with huge aspirations and we’re looking for the next wave of curious, collaborative, and innovative minds to propel our shared vision forward.
At Geosite, our engineers work on some of the most innovative applications of geospatial data in the industry. Our senior engineers combine a mastery of front-end or back-end engineering (sometimes both) with a curiosity to solve problems and a seasoned toolkit for doing so. The senior engineering team is responsible for creative technical implementation; you must have the desire to push the product to its current boundaries and beyond and think outside the box to deliver technical solutions. The importance of this role in the company as we grow cannot be overstated.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer with exceptional communication skills and a desire to be a quality mentor. You'll also need solid technical skills.
You'd be a great add if you:
- Have worked closely with geospatial libraries and tools such as OpenLayers, TiTiler, pg_tileserv and featureserv, PostGIS and others.
- Are an expert in Python or React & Typescript - perhaps all of them!
- Have a strong understanding of software architecture fundamentals.
- Are proficient writing unit & integration tests.
- Understand and have worked in the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Are independent, both in the way you solve problems and how you manage your time. A small, fully remote team means that it is extra important that you're a self-starter.
- Are an excellent communicator that enjoys working with others.
- Care about your professional development as well as contributing to the development of others.
- Are known for helping others become the best versions of themselves.
- Professional experience in geospatial software development
- BS or above in computer science, information technology, engineering or equivalent experience
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates software engineering expertise
- Excel as an individual contributor - writing clean, tested, maintainable, and well documented code
- Mentor the less experienced engineers on the team - reviewing their code & helping them master their discipline as. you have
- Stay on top of geospatial technology trends and help the team assess how Geosite can best get ahead of them
- Contribute towards architecture decisions
- Communicate the technical feasibility, level of effort required, and best practices developed when the team scopes new features
- The more experience with geospatial data the better
- Demonstrated experience working with data visualization libraries
- Prior familiarity with building enterprise SaaS products
- A willingness to share knowledge with junior engineers by teaching them how to think about system life cycles, edge cases, and failure models specifically
Please note that Geosite is a US-based company with no visa sponsorships available at this time. Any offers we extend will be contingent upon prospective new hires providing proof of their eligibility to work in the United States. Candidates must be able to work remotely in the United States.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $140,000 - $180,000 salary
- 0.28% - 0.29% equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible work hours and PTO
- Company supplied Macbook laptop & peripherals if necessary