We're looking to expand our mobile development team with experienced developers based in or around Europe who like to lead, take responsibility, and motivate fellow team members to keep a high bar for quality, speed and security. You should be comfortable making decisions on the fly, as well as take the leading role in making sure the dev team is meeting deadlines and commitments.
You'll play a large role in developing new features and leading by example. Your educational background is less important as your previous professional experience, your drive, and your personality.
- Write clean, scalable and testable code
- Develop new features and improve existing ones
- Review and refactor code
- Document development and operational procedures
- Analyze system requirements and prioritize own tasks
- Be a team player
- Participate in team meetings and discussions
- Comfortable working with an existing code base
- 5+ years of experience with the Android SDK, 3+ years building applications in Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience working with Swift and the iOS SDK
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experienced with using RESTful APIs to connect Android and iOS applications to back-end services (Retrofit, RxJava, Alamofire, etc)
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of iOS UI design principles and patterns
- Experience with threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of cloud message APIs and push notifications (Firebase, APNS, etc)
- Love to collaborate in a small team and quickly iterate on feedback
- Familiarity with agile environments
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Living in Europe or CET time zone
Extra bonus points for the following (not required)
- Understanding of functional reactive programming is a plus.
- Experience with Objective-C.
- Experience with or an understanding of newer approaches to networking, like GraphQL.
From a technical point of view, Corpay One's mobile apps are built for both the Android and iOS platforms. The Android app is strictly written in Kotlin, while the iOS app is mostly written in Swift, some parts are in Objective-C, but these are getting converted into Swift as time allows, no new Objective-C code is added. The product consists, among others, of a web application and the mobile applications. It'll be the Android app that will have your main focus.