Heliax is a remote-first public goods lab which researches, develops, deploys, and maintains open-source protocols & mechanisms designed to serve the everyday needs of humanity. Using this, we build vertically integrated open-source products and networks that form coherent open systems which are capable of acting as an alternative to existing exploitative paradigms.
Heliax’s work includes the Vamp-IR, in the domain of languages for dApps and ZK circuits.
We are looking for a community development lead to join Heliax as soon as possible. You’ll be working directly with the co-founders and frequently collaborate with the rest of the team members across all functions, including product, research and engineering teams.
You will support and contribute to community building, from setting up, improving, and engaging with the communities on Discord, Reddit, Twitter, and so on – and everything in between. You will also manage, execute, and oversee community programs, narratives, and campaigns to grow and steward the Anoma and Namada communities, as well as model the story of public goods including Namada and Anoma and the broader vision to the world.
The ideal candidate is someone who is native to the Internet, sometimes you spend more time interacting with virtual communities than real-world people. You’ve built and grown digital communities before and love doing it. You’re a hyper-motivated, creative, flexible, and detail-oriented community builder, with clear focus on solving problems, bringing ideas to the table, and building long-term relationships – who is maximally aligned with the vision and values of Anoma, Namada, and Heliax.
What you’ll do
- Create and execute key community campaigns aiming to reach various target potential community members to grow the community, model Anoma/Namada’s vision and values, help coordinate the decentralised ecosystem and foster synergistic collaborations among everyone.
- Be part of the community and engage with it on a daily basis.
- Craft compelling and differentiated community materials, which include articles, social media posts (Twitter, - Reddit, newsletters, etc), smaller activities and programs
- Ensure that all the research, products, innovations, and ecosystem-wide updates are known to the communities and encourage them to spread the word
- Craft FAQs and reference materials about the products and co-founder’s POV to help other community members, ecosystem partners, and individuals who want to help
- Research, identify, and track new opportunities to elevate Anoma & Namada and the co-founders community game
- Manage all aspects of community platforms and partner relations, including building and maintaining long term relationships
- Help lead crisis response. You’ll also help refine our strategic response process
- Monitor community platforms, be the key point of contact for support and respond appropriately to inquiries and issues as they arise
- Represent Anoma, Namada, Heliax as a spokesperson as needed
- Obviously, you’re excellent at verbal and written communication skills and love the virtual communities and the internet. Make sure to share your past work, including blog posts, tweets, Discord setups, forums you moderate, etc.
- You’re super, super organised and have a lot of attention to detail. You’re a creative, strategic, self-starter who can synthesise complex information, problem solving, and project management – basically you can make big contributions without requiring constant management and guidance
- A good baseline in understanding of protocols, technology and crypto – otherwise you’re able to get yourself up-to-speed very quickly with the latest, no matter how technical the topics are
- A knowledge of and interest in video creation and editing, as well as any other formats of content
- Telling stories feels natural to you: you’re inspired by what you read about and observe, have intuition about what will “work,” and can synthesise multiple inputs to bring strong storylines to life with minimal oversight
- You love working with other hoomans, deeply collaborative, and look for opportunities to have a greater impact through cross-functional, integrated marketing
- You have past experience navigating complex issues / crises, and the ability to see around corners and anticipate questions
- You’re personally aligned with the vision and values of Anoma and Namada
- Remote, but you can join the team at our current offices in Zug, London, or Berlin.
- When remote, preferred if mostly located within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that protocols are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.