US-based salary range: $150,000 - $200,000
Hi, we're Banzai!
Today, marketers have access to more resources and tools than ever before, so why is most marketing so cringe-worthy? Marketing has lost touch with the humans behind the clicks, opens, and form submits, but Banzai wants to change that. That's why our mission is to make marketing more human.
At Banzai, we think the secret to better marketing is educating, learning from, and building relationships with buyers. This new approach is called Engagement Marketing.
Banzai is leading the Engagement Marketing movement. Our products reach millions of users every year and help our customers drive more revenue through better events, webinars, content, and data. Best of all, Banzai makes marketing a little more human for all of us.
Join Banzai to help build a future that puts people at the center of marketing.
Banzai is looking for a Director of BI & Data Analytics to join our team. As the professional responsible for all our data and BI infrastructure you will devise and execute the proper strategies to push the availability and usage of data within the organization to the next level. This position will directly report to the CTO.
Expectations of Role:
- Hands-on approach to defining and implementing necessary infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of SaaS metrics and how to make these available across the company.
- Ensure all relevant data is available for reporting in our central data warehouse.
- Be able to detect data inconsistencies and fix them proactively.
- Self-driven, highly responsible individual.
- Able to properly collaborate with different functions within the organization to understand data needs and devise technical solutions for them
- Fully own the data warehouse, ELT processes and reporting infrastructure.
- Own and grow the data functions within the organization.
- Ability to work closely with members of the executive team to devise action plans to solve business requirements.
- Needs to be able to properly prioritize business needs and properly communicate status and priority to the company.
- Excellent communicator.
- Develop a roadmap of data initiatives that move the needle.
- Able to understand business needs and work on the entire stack from data intake to report creation.
What an average day/week looks like:
- Coordinate with stakeholders, understand business needs, devise technical solutions. Deliver proper solutions and sync with stakeholders for review. Create required dashboards and reports.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of SnowFlake, ELT systems like Hevo, FiveTran, Matillion. Data transformation tools like DBT.
- Excellent knowledge of BI tools like Tableau, Metabase, Domo.
- Track record of growing a data team within an organization.
- Experience with a high growth company and SaaS systems.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and relational databases.
- 401(k) plan (US based)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability insurance (US based)
- Unlimited PTO policy (salaried) or hourly PTO policy
- Remote first company
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Working with a truly mission-driven team motivated by excellence
- Real room for growth in professional and personal development
- 2 paid mental health days every quarter, plus one full week of paid mental health rest every year
- Clear objectives, direction and empowerment from executive leadership