A Day in the Life
We are seeking a detail oriented, self-motivated candidate who is excited to work at a fast-growing startup.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will play a vital role in improving cash flow, contributing to the financial health and stability of Rinsed and ensuring the timely billing and collection of customer payments. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the full revenue cycle for our customers; from new customer invoicing to cash collections and reporting. This position will report directly to the Head of Finance and offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience with SaaS best-practices within a growing startup.
A typical day for this position at Rinsed includes the following:
- Properly invoicing customers in a timely manner according to their contractual obligations
- Manage a portfolio of customers and ensure they pay invoices timely
- Provide professional assistance to new and existing customers regarding accounts receivable related questions and build a relationship with them
- Post cash receipts and reconcile daily cash receipts to the bank statement
- Make collection calls and take collections actions when necessary
- Work cross functionally with sales, customer success and other team members
- Assist the Head of Finance and external bookkeepers with month-end close activities relating to AR
- Verify transactions and proper accounting treatment for invoices and collections
- Assist in special projects to improve AR & revenue process
- Help document and improve standard operating procedures relating to AR
- Report revenue & collection trends, key performance indicators and other reporting
- Occasional AP, general accounting duties and other finance projects as needed
- Most importantly, bring your energy and have fun!
You are a driven, detail-oriented, team player who has excellent communication skills and has a solid understanding of accounting principles and practices. You are eager to learn the SaaS business and provide actionable insights into the status of customer accounts to team leaders. You are passionate about learning and growing in a fast-paced environment. This position is either remote or onsite (NYC).
You bring the following experience and expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact professionally with customers and team members.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills, with the ability to handle difficult or challenging customer situations.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software for data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Prior experience in customer service, accounts receivable, or collections is a plus.
Our Investment in You
- By joining as one of our early team members, there is enormous opportunity ahead for you to have an outsized impact and shape the future of Rinsed in this role.
- Competitive salary and benefits including unlimited PTO, health / dental / vision insurance and more.
- Work closely with our founders and leadership team to drive AR and revenue strategy and execute key initiatives.
- An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity, and fun
Rinsed embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status