As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Sales Engineer
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
The Sales Engineer will join ShipBob’s growing Revenue team responsible for understanding the unique strategic needs of each of our clients and delivering value to help facilitate their growth and success. The Sales Engineer will partner with ShipBob’s Sales, Implementation and Success teams to align the merchant's key business objectives and technical requirements with a compelling technical solution. Additionally, the Sales Engineer will execute on the solution by collaborating with the Product, Engineering and Implementation team.
What you’ll do:
- Understand merchants’ goals and design a solution that meets the merchant’s objectives and technical requirements.
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of merchants’ technical solutions/environment.
- Develop a technical vision and implementation roadmap that enables a strategic and on budget product rollout for the merchants.
- Execute on the Implementation roadmap by partnering with the Implementation Specialists.
- Assist in various sales stages, including completion of RFPs and vendor assessments.
- Maintain proficiency in industry trends, ShipBob’s service offerings, value propositions, and case studies.
- Build Sales Engineering best practices to ensure scalability of the team with documentation, process optimization, and cross-training.
- Maintain awareness of product roadmap and new product features to evangelize with customers and deliver customer feedback to our product management team.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3 years of experience in merchant-facing, technical capacity in either SaaS/e-commerce.
- Experience in working with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Experience with one of the following domains: e-commerce platforms, order management systems, inventory management, WMS, TMS, supply chain, logistics.
- Experience using APIs, SQL or with an embedded system, scripting languages (Ruby or Python).
- High EQ and natural interpersonal skills. A connector and expert communicator who will ‘close the distance’ between Merchant Success, our merchants and internal stakeholders.
- Established track record of managing initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment that requires excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Solid project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with small and medium businesses and/or tech preferred.
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus.
Reports to: Manager, Sales Engineering
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $68,220 - $113,700.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.