About the role
To ensure our most strategic customers are wildly successful with the Apheris platform, we are seeking an experienced AI Program Lead to join our growing team. You will be leading a consortium of customers that are collaboratively using their most valuable data in a privacy-preserving form to unlock innovation in the Pharma and Healthcare space. If you’re obsessed with solving complex customer problems and being at the forefront of scientific and technical innovation in AI, this job is for you!
In this role, you will work with our most valuable and demanding customers to understand their business, technical, and functional requirements, breaking them down into milestones and driving successful business outcomes through excellent project management skills and technical understanding. This is an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get hands-on with customer problems while also shaping the future of our cutting-edge technology.
Apheris is a fast-growing start-up that helps companies to build collaborative data ecosystems using our federated ML & Analytics platform. Our strategic customers, including leading enterprises and AI scale-ups across industries, trust us with advancing their AI and ML initiatives on their most sensitive and valuable data sets. Cross-organizational data collaborations or data networks are often technically, commercially, and contractually complex. As the AI Program Lead for our Key Accounts, you will be responsible for working closely with our CEO, CTO, VP Revenue, and Director of AI Solution Architecture to support our customers on their data collaboration journey.
At Apheris, we work with our customers on highly impactful projects, such as finding solutions to global diseases or reducing carbon emissions across industrial supply chains. We are an impact-driven company and are seeking someone who can thoughtfully scale this impact within a set of key Pharma and Healthcare customers.
What you will do
You should apply if
- Manage an industry-leading consortium in Pharma and Healthcare to advance one of the world’s most promising and impactful AI application.
- Help a portfolio of our most strategic and complex customers to drive significant value from the Apheris Platform (Technical Account Management). Drive client discussions and initiatives towards successful outcomes.
- Work alongside some of the world’s leading minds on the forefront of AI adoption to identify high value use cases and design project plans in close collaboration with our customers.
- Consolidate customers’ requirements, break them into milestones and coordinate (and solve) them with respective teams at Apheris, our customers or suppliers. Communicate progress and results across stakeholders in an excellent manner.
- Design and execute solutions tailored to customer needs; nurture working relationships with our customers throughout their customer journey.
Bonus points if
- You have at least 3-5+ years of industry working experience in a customer facing role with large enterprise clients on technical projects - experience from e.g. Top-tier management consulting or / and high-growth venture backed Start-up in Strategic Customer Success, Key Account Management or Engagement Management roles.
- You have outstanding technical project management, business communication skills and customer-centric mindset - the ability to bring together all stakeholders and persuade senior clients to take action is essential.
- You have a proven ability to manage client engagements, client relationships, and provide thought leadership to teams, owning the responsibility for the quality of engagements.
- You have a solid understand of, and interest in, the Big Data and ML market with a good understanding about the modern ML tech stack.
- You are excited about working on cutting-edge technology (e.g. foundation models) in a fast-paced environment and a young start-up.
- You are self-motivated and a proactive team player with innovative ideas about how to drive customer success and loyalty.
- You are highly process-driven and know how to manage projects and priorities in a high-growth company managing Enterprise clients.
- An understanding of ML-Ops and what it means to bring ML into production
- Experience in cross-organizational data collaborations
- A degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology/Chemistry, Engineering
If you do not match 100% of the above requirements, but you think you fit this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value the right people and search based on your personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. Together we can adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and shape your own role
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Access to an employee participation program
- The right hardware to make you efficient – be it a laptop with Linux, Windows or a MacBook
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- We have hubs across Europe with beautiful office spaces or shared working places - e.g. in Berlin or London
Here’s a bit more about our culture and ambitions at Apheris!
Finding solutions to the planet’s most urgent problems requires organizations to collaborate. But the data and insights needed to solve these challenges are locked away in businesses, unable to be centralized or directly shared for collaboration with customers and partners.
Apheris is pioneering a new way for organizations to securely collaborate on even the most sensitive data across organizational and geographical boundaries. By unlocking value from sensitive data, Apheris is accelerating discovery and innovation, driving operational efficiency, and reducing risk and carbon impact for our customers and their partners.
Apheris was founded in 2019 after our co-founders built data applications that couldn't be used as data was distributed across departments and couldn’t be shared or centralized as a result of regulation. From this they got thinking: what if the data didn’t have to move and instead the computation was sent to the data? Fast-forward to today, Apheris is a platform that empowers businesses to run advanced analytics and machine learning models across organizational and geographical borders in a way that’s secure, private, and governed. By powering their data infrastructure with federated ML and analytics, they are able to build and operationalize data applications in ways previously not possible.
At Apheris, we’re unified by our mission and the positive impact we can have. We’re excited by the potential we can bring with our federated approach and are looking for the next addition to our team to join us in realizing our mission.
Our interview process is split into three phases:
Our mission statement
- Initial Screening: If your application matches our requirements, we invite you to an initial video call to explore the fit. In this 30–45 minutes interview, you will get to know us and the role. The interviewer will be interested in your relevant experiences and skills, as well as answer any question on the company and the role itself that you may have.
- Deep Dive: In this phase, a domain expert from our team will assess your skills and knowledge required for the role by asking you about meaningful experiences or your solutions for specific scenarios in line with the role we are staffing.
- Final Interview: Finally, we invite you to our office for up to three hours of targeted sessions with our founders, talking about our culture and meeting future co-workers on the ground.
Securely connect data across organizations to collaboratively solve the largest problems our planet is facing.