is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. Jam.gg
is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Jam.gg
is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures and has already established itself as a new go-to platform for cloud gaming in some countries.
We’re at the stage where we’re scaling our Studio Department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self-starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Game Design Director to join our growing Studio team.
Location: The candidate must be based in Europe within +/- 2 hours of CET time zone.
Start date: As soon as possible
What you will be doing:
- You will own, drive and champion the game's design vision from concept to release.
- You will be very hands-on and have responsibility and accountability for the design, implementation, and delivery of the systems and design architectures of the game.
- You will facilitate a collaborative approach to design and production, that values every team member’s input and enables them to feel a strong sense of ownership of what we’re building.
- You will proactively identify and address problems and opportunities in the design of the game.
- You will maintain the highest possible levels of design quality, while respecting technical limitations and performance targets.
- You will document, communicate, and gather internal feedback on the game features and systems throughout the development process.
What we are looking for:
- You have significant experiences in game development (at least 10 years of experience in game design).
- You have a strong knowledge of UX principles and how to apply them to game design.
- You have previous experience with multiplayer games.
- You have the ability to conceptualize, document and develop complex systems on Core and Meta layers.
- You have the experience with player centric design and methodologies.
- You can drive design and ideation workshops.
- You are an effective communicator and are able to rally a multidisciplinary team behind your vision.
- You work in a humble and open manner, with a willingness to both teach and learn from your colleagues.
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance.
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity, paternity, adoption leave (18 weeks) after 1 year of seniority.
- Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption subsidy of 3k euros after 1 year of seniority.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company's policy.
- Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.