The Bank for International Settlements, BIS is hiring for a DevSecOps Architect to support the Corporate Applications team.
This role is based in Basel, Switzerland however, thanks to our status as an international organization, we can hire globally and welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities and located anywhere in the world. Relocation support is available for the successful candidate and their dependent family members.
Purpose of the role:
Our mission is to support central banks' pursuit of monetary and financial stability through international partnership and to act as a bank for central banks. You will contribute to this mission by applying your knowledge in DevSecOps platforms and technologies to deliver projects addressing a wide variety of business issues.
Within Information Technology Services (ITS), the Corporate Applications team is responsible for developing and maintaining software platforms that are used across the Bank to provide best in class DevSecOps capabilities. These platforms help and enable different business units to provide their services to the entire Bank.
By joining team, you will:
· work on a variety of projects, ranging from small and tactical to Bank-wide strategic projects. There will also be opportunities to mentor and coordinate external developers in project work.
· join a collaborative team of experts who are passionate about delivering best in class DevSecOps platforms and improving developer experience.
· contribute to our innovation strategy by supporting the Bank's technology transformation programme.
· benefit from the flexibility of hybrid working with a blend of home-office and onsite work from our central offices in the beautiful city of Basel, Switzerland.
· Provides technical leadership and product management (including supplier management, budget preparation, compliance with internal policies and backlog management) expertise for the following DevSecOps platforms: Azure DevOps, GitHub and Sonatype Nexus.
· Drafts high-level business cases and associated roadmaps for technical and product strategies.
· Delivers scripts, pipelines, and code changes to the existing platforms.
· Provides leadership in agile processes and rituals; mediates team discussions.
· Analyses business requirements, extracts technological needs from users’ requirements and translates them into workable product backlog items.
· Ensures that the design meets business requirements and that stakeholders understand the benefits, drawbacks, risks, costs, and time scales of design decisions.
· Provides production support for the aforementioned DevSecOps platforms on their own or with the help of internal or external resources.
· Leads small or medium-sized projects and coordinates activities with team and stakeholders.
· Actively develops a business understanding of BIS operations, software development and security practices.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
· Excellent knowledge and experience in designing and implementing large scale DevSecOps installations.
· Experience with Azure DevOps Server and GitHub Enterprise is highly desirable.
· Solid knowledge of design and integration patterns.
· Good understanding of multi-tier architectures and microservices.
· In depth understanding of software development best practices and tooling for CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, code quality and package management.
· Experience with secure software development lifecycle, including SCA (Software Composition Analysis) and SAST (Static Application Security Testing) tools and practices.
· Previous experience converting a high-level strategic vision into an executable roadmap and delivering as per the roadmap.
· Very good communication and collaboration skills; ability to establish strong working relationships with business areas, as well as infrastructure and applications teams.
· Ability to take the initiative and organise own work; flexibility; service orientation and a customer orientated approach.
· Ability to manage complexity in time critical situations.
· Good problem solving and root cause analysis approach.
· Ability to formally document and communicate complex system specifications.
· Fluent in English (oral and written).
Who we are:
The Bank for International Settlements is a diverse organization with colleagues from over 60 countries. By joining us in the international city of Basel, you will work in a unique, highly rewarding, and international work environment. We truly value diversity and inclusion and want to reflect the world we serve. We want the best people to work for us in an inclusive environment so welcome applications from all qualified candidates. At the BIS, we value equality and diversity in all its forms and one way we support diversity and inclusion is through our staff-run networks. You can discover more about diversity at the BIS here.
What the BIS offers:
We want your time at BIS to be a rewarding and career-enriching experience. We offer an agile and flexible working environment with hybrid working opportunities including home office and working from abroad days. To support our international applicants, we offer relocation support that extends to your dependent family members. In addition, thanks to our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including support for working families including childcare and education allowances (where applicable). Finally, we offer a genuinely unique international working environment, which will give you exposure to the global financial system and the opportunity to collaborate with passionate experts from all over the world.
We strive to ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, and to perform essential job functions. Should you wish to request accommodation, support in completing this application or participating in the application process, then please reach out to the recruitment team at [email protected].