We are the fleet management platform that offers organizations a better way to wash and maintain their vehicles. We partner with a network of car wash vendors to combine location flexibility with real-time data and unified billing to streamline fleet operations.
Rynse is backed by a fantastic set of top-tier early stage funds and angels to disrupt the auto care industry.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and independent software engineer who loves solving complex problems to deliver elegant experiences to fleet partners along with a small, dynamic team. Collaborating with upper management, you will play a key role in defining software requirements and be a technical leader who will design, build, and ship systems to allow for future scale. This role is for people who are interested in the product and engineering sides of the equation.
You will have the opportunity to work autonomously with minimal supervision, leveraging your exceptional organizational and problem-solving abilities. You will also be able to coordinate across sales, product, and support teams to ensure that you deliver the right solution for the right problem and that all parties are aligned.
The role is remote first. Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, California.
- 5+ years of relevant full-stack development experience, ideally in a high-growth start-up environment.
- Ideal stack experience includes at least Ruby on Rails, React (specifically Next.js), and Postgres.
- Docker and containerization are core parts of our developer experience.
- Interest in designing systems from the ground up using first principles; we are solving problems by introducing technology into an area where there’s currently very little today.
- Strong understanding of REST in both implementation on the server side and consumption on the client side.
- Relational database skills including both schema design, query cost analysis, and good fundamentals for query building when the ORM doesn’t cut it.
- Desire and ability to lead major architecture initiatives from the ground up, balancing for speed while designing for scale. We’re a small team of self-driven, proactive people looking for others like us.
- Believer in automated testing, continuous integration, high code quality. RSpec and vitest are in use today.
- Experience working across multiple domains to deliver a high-quality product. We often need to work past what the user says they want to find what they really need.
- Experience working in a remote-first environment.
- A bonus is experience with design, both in conceiving of UX and implementing it. We are a Tailwind shop.
What we Offer
- Competitive salary + Equity + Benefits
- Home-office stipend
- Apple hardware MacBook
- Healthcare benefits
- Wellness perks
- Reimbursement for work travel expenses
- 20 Days of PTO