We’re excited to share news about a new job opportunity at a SaaS company that operates with remote teams spanning the globe.
Our client seeks a Senior Accountant / Financial Controller to support their business growth in the Norway and the UK, ensuring the implementation of best-in-class financial processes and governance for future success.
In this position, you will take charge of the business's accounting, bookkeeping, monthly closing process, local tax matters, audit, and financial reporting for the Norway entity.
Concurrently, you will also have oversight of the UK accounting, bookkeeping, and local matters, playing a pivotal role in identifying opportunities for process improvements through the implementation of systems and automation. This role offers exposure to the company's global operations, providing opportunities to collaborate with teams from around the world.
You will provide support to the Finance Director and to the CFO guaranteeing the accuracy of financial statements, compliance, and improving financial processes as part of the wider finance team of the group.
The preferred candidate will be experienced, able to adapt to change, and someone who enjoys working with in a dynamic fast paced environment. This role will suit someone with a strong work ethic, who is looking to make an immediate impact on an exciting growth-stage company.
In other words, you will:
- Lead and be accountable for the monthly closing process and annual audit of Norway entities as well as being accountable for the UK entity as part of an existing UK team.
- Prepare relevant financial statements, reconciliations, and supporting documents in connection with the audit process and monthly reporting.
- Support relevant tax compliance matters, in partnership with the tax teams.
- Analyse and diagnose existing financial processes and propose improvements to governance, controls, and efficiency in the finance function.
- Prepare relevant monthly financial reporting.
Our client is looking for individuals with an analytical mindset and a vision for the future, as well as someone who has a strong presence in communication to develop partnerships within the group.
Successful candidates should possess the below:
- Accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent) with a strong academic record (BA, BSc, or equivalent, 2:1 or higher)
- Proven experience in management and statutory accounts, IFRS, bookkeeping, reporting and audit
- Accounting and tax compliance experience with Norway and UK
- Able to work both in English and Norwegian
- Able to demonstrate strong accounting, financial controls and financial knowledge and practical experience
- Sage ERP (and modules) experience preferred but not a requirement
- SAP Hana ERP (and modules) experience preferred but not a requirement
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of manipulating large datasets and modelling skills (pivot tables, filtering, lookups etc)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral), preferably with commercial exposure in previous roles
- Project management skills, to manage internal and external teams to drive implementation of systems and processes