Who we are
Mentorcam is a marketplace where people get access to highly accomplished mentors for personalized 1:1 advice on topics related to startups, entrepreneurship, and professional growth. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles and investors include General Catalyst, Goodwater Capital, and Y Combinator, to name a few.
Who you are
You are an exceptional software engineer who:
- Loves working in small teams.
- Takes pride in writing highly modular and scalable code that is thoroughly tested before deployment
- Are a true customer-centric engineer
- Believes in working in a fast-paced environment where the team releases new code every day
- Believes in creating delightful product experiences for customers
Required experience and skills
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with a strong understanding of end-to-end product development
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Strong front-end development skills with the ability to collaborate with designers
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
What you'll do
- You will play a pivotal role in the company's engineering team, contributing to product development, testing and the overall health of the production systems.
- You will work across the entire tech stack, ensuring it is scalable, reliable, and meets the needs of the business and customers.
- Maintain and build frontend and backend features using a variety of technologies, including React (Next 13), Node.js (Typescript), Firestore, and Redis
- Make structural changes and enhancements to the company's tech stack to support the business and drive growth
Your ability to balance technical and non-technical considerations and effectively communicate with both engineering and design teams will be essential in driving the success of the Mentorcam platform.