As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Merchant Experience Specialist
Location: 2107 Eastview Parkway NE, Conyers, GA 30013. This role is hybrid, so it is required to be within driving distance. 80% will be remote and 20% onsite.
ShipBob is looking for a Merchant Experience Specialist who will hyper-focus on new and existing merchants and will have the mandate to achieve unparalleled levels of responsiveness and care for our local merchants. This key merchant-facing role will identify areas of improvement regarding merchant interaction, work across various departments to resolve those issues rapidly as they arise, and, more importantly, implement measures to ensure such issues are automatically resolved in the future. This approach includes:
- Listening to the merchant’s inquiry to accurately understand their inquiry or issue.
- Identifying and executing a solution… keeping in mind that there is always a solution.
- Be empowered to resolve the issue directly on first touch.
- Engage with other departments to resolve the issue in record time.
- And most importantly, analyze and prioritize potential systemic fixes to ensure ShipBob is #1 in resolution time in the industry.
As a Merchant Experience Specialist, you are the voice of ShipBob and are expected to act according to the values of the organization, which include being mission-driven, humble, resilient, a creative problem solver and safety minded.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Merchants to handle inquiries and issues professionally, effectively, efficiently, and accurately, adhering to the Quality process to ensure the highest level of merchant experience.
- Make recommendations to leaders if adjustments are needed related to escalated issues.
- Creative problem-solving and solution-oriented approach to handling, escalating, and resolving Merchant issues resulting in an enhanced Merchant experience via email, inbound and outbound calls.
- Manage queue of incoming tickets and calls on a day-to-day basis, including consistent follow-up to inquiries to ensure a complete and timely resolution.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication with Merchants and internal stakeholders.
- Take criticism on the chin, accept responsibility on the company's behalf, and exhibit composure when dealing with upset merchants.
- Regularly evaluate and identify opportunities, risk and loss to innovate policies and processes in a way that positively impacts the Merchant experience, proactively updating as needed.
- Manage multiple applications and resources including contact management systems and knowledge bases.
- Resourcefully utilize available SOPs, tools, and resources to ensure an exceptional Merchant experience on every interaction, and create new SOPs if one does not exist.
- Other duties/responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Customer Service role with an established track record of success; previous e-commerce or logistics experience is preferred.
- Familiar with CRM systems, ticketing systems (Zendesk/Salesforce), and practices.
- Excellent phone contact handling and active listening skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to express oneself with confidence.
- Ability to effectively handle high-stress interactions and de-escalate situations.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively and troubleshoot problems to find speedy resolutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and across various time zones.
- A highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow.
- Proactive and independent, comfortable with driving solutions within autonomy.
- No ego; no task is “below them” and they are willing to help out where needed.
Classification: Non Exempt
Reports to: Team Leader, Merchant Care
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $31,969 - $53,281.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.