A Force For Good
Empire exists as the antidote to scammers within the casino industry. Our industry is highly profitable, which naturally attracts shady characters of various kinds, making the space rife with lying and cheating, often in deeply sophisticated ways.
CSGOEmpire counters this with foundational tenets rooted in transparency, namely:
- Radical honesty
- Provable fairness
- Excellence through simplicity
We’re deeply committed to our mission. And we’re now looking for a fully remote, Europe-based Financial Controller to ensure that our financial health aligns with our ambitious growth plans.
You’ve mastered the intricacies of budgeting, forecasting, and all things accounting through your 3-4 years of experience working in finance. You also have experience in the online gambling, gaming, or web3 worlds.
For your next challenge, you’re looking to join an established company where you can own the finance function from A to Z.
This could be it.
As our Financial Controller, you’ll be responsible for:
- Aligning all financial operations with our business objectives;
- Implementing, maintaining, and optimizing financial policies throughout the organization;
- Uncovering insights and synthesizing these to facilitate decision making;
- General accounting, expense claims, payroll, reporting, audits, etc.
If you’re ready to commit, here are some of the values you must embody:
- Character: We seek individuals who bring a unique personality and a compelling story. Whether you've started your own casino project or found a critical exploit in a system, your distinctiveness is your strength.
- Competence: We're a lean, tight-knit team full of top-tier talent. Excellence isn't a “nice to have”; it's a baseline requirement.
- Creativity: If you can think outside the box and bring radical, abstract ideas to life, you're our kind of person - especially as a designer!
- Radical Transparency: We’re extremely open about our goals, methods, and ambitions. We expect you to bring this same honesty.
- Ambition: We're planning for the long haul, so be ready to aim big and go far.
- Autonomy and Responsibility: Our distributed remote structure demands that you're proactive and work independently, maintaining the highest levels of performance.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Approach each task as if you're the founder, fully accountable for your actions and their impact on our growth - regardless of your title.
Joining us at CSGOEmpire means that you’re one of the best in your field. It means that you possess a special set of skills that no one else has. And these skills are indispensable in our ongoing fight for fairness and transparency in the casino industry.
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation: $80k-$85k/year
- A mission like no other: Make the industry a better place, make a lot of money, create compelling products, and fight evil.
- Fully remote: Work from anywhere, just sync with Central European time by 3-4 hours.
- Limited meetings: We keep meetings to a minimum and communicate almost entirely via Discord, Slack and Jira.
- No micromanagement: We hire the best so we trust them to deliver results.
- Flexible schedule: You set your schedule, just ensure consistent availability during the Monday-Friday, 9 to 5 Central European time window.
- Unlimited room for growth: Those that can surpass expectations can have a place on our team forever. And they’ll be greatly rewarded.
How We Hire
We have a merit-based recruitment process because we want to hire the best people. So University degrees aren’t a requirement for any role, and we have no such thing as a diversity quota.
Your application will be considered holistically. For example, someone with a marketing degree applying for an influencer management role but no industry contacts would not be chosen over a high school dropout that has a deep network and a history of structuring great deals.
On the other hand, a degree could be a big plus for a research assistant application as it proves your ability to persevere and focus on high-level tasks. It’s all about context.
So if you think you’re the best, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from — introduce yourself.
After submitting an initial application, here’s the usual process for shortlisted candidates:
- Let your skills shine through a short assessment
- Tell us about yourself during an async interview
- Join us for a final interview and Q+A
We try our best to respond to every application. But sometimes this isn't possible due to the large application volume. If you don't hear from us in 2-3 weeks, it means that we've most likely progressed with other candidates.