We're excited to add a Senior Marketing Manager to our team! To learn more about Township and how we operate, head to our hiring homepage.
Why we're hiring
Township has spent the past year investing in marketing in a big way. We’ve experimented with various strategies centered on content and brand building with support from outside agencies and are seeing a lot of initial success. Now, we’re ready to bring our efforts in-house as we continue to hone our agency marketing strategy and promote the hard work we do for client partners and our team. While we’re very proud of the work to date, we believe that with the right person, our best marketing work is still to come. Our current contract Marketing Strategist will play a major supportive role in onboarding this internal hire to success.
As Senior Marketing Manager, you’ll serve as our key marketing expert, responsible for both managing the day-to-day internal marketing functions and also setting the high-level strategy for Township. While you’ll have the support of company leadership and access to the internal Engineering and Design Teams, a high level of ownership and self motivation to deliver work independently will be critical to your success. Even when the rest of the team is busy with client work, you’ll be responsible for putting the best of Township out into the world.
- Your insights and strategy will drive all of Township’s marketing efforts.
- You’ll create the Township marketing roadmap, coordinating efforts with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and contributing teammates when executing on individual tasks.
- You’ll be the brains behind all social media, blog, website, case study, and email content. You’ll take the lead on drafting quality copy with SEO in mind, and work with contract copy writers and SEO specialists when the work calls for it.. You’ll identify and implement new social strategies that continue to grow Township’s reach and manage ongoing community engagement.
- You support the business development life cycle by continuously improving upon the existing vision. You anticipate what materials will support sales efforts and partner with designers to create them.
- You’ll manage experiments that intend to create opportunities for inbound brand awareness and traffic. You identify opportunities to elevate Township’s position as both workplace thought leaders and technical and design experts.
Note: We view this section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don't satisfy every single bullet on the list! Most qualified applicants will have 6-8 years of experience and have worked successfully on a remote team before.
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Specialist, Marketing Manager, or other similar role.
- Experience in developing and executing successful marketing campaigns.
- Specialization in any of the following: SEO, copywriting, and content creation.
- Experience managing and growing social media channels.
- Experience with email marketing and lead nurturing.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience working effectively at a high level independently (i.e. without a dedicated team, as this is a newly developing function within Township).
Salary and benefits
The starting annual salary for this position is $101,106 (senior) or $117,364 (director), determined based on skills and experience. You can learn more about our Transparent Compensation plan here
. As for benefits, we offer many. Here are just a few:
- A variety of paid time off options, including 20 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick and mental health days, and 12-14 paid holidays. We also offer paid leave for things like bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave and up to 12 additional weeks of unpaid parental leave.
- Three medical healthcare plans to choose from with FSA and HSA options, as well as full dental and vision coverage.
- Employer-matched 401k or 401k Roth up to 5%.
- $350 monthly stipend towards workplace and wellness expenses.
- And a lot more. For a full overview of our benefits, head to our summary here.