We are seeking a detail oriented, proactive, and highly experienced and organized Head of Business Operations with a track record of success managing projects and business operations.
You will have a broad scope of responsibilities spanning HR, People, Finance & Accounting, Team Administration, Vendor Management, Special Projects, and ensuring smooth operations across the organization.
You will work closely with Optery’s CEO to ensure the smooth and healthy function of Optery’s business operations. You will make a big impact and have a very important role in the company.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day administrative operations, including payroll, insurance, equipment procurement, and vendor management
- Develop and implement efficient administrative processes to enhance productivity and streamline the operations of the company
- Lead the onboarding process for new team members, ensuring a smooth transition by coordinating with relevant departments, providing necessary equipment, access, and training
- Manage offboarding procedures, including equipment retrieval, access revocation, exit interviews, and documentation
- Organize and lead team meetings
- Foster effective communication and collaboration among team members and departments, ensuring alignment and information flow.
- Analyze and manage company expenses, tracking budgets, and identifying cost-saving opportunities.
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop accurate financial forecasts, reports, and metrics to support decision-making processes and investor relations.
- Ensure timely and accurate filings with federal, state and local regulatory departments, including business registrations, licenses, and permits.
- Coordinate with the bookkeeper and tax accountant to ensure accurate and timely tax filings and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Implement and manage HR systems, including employee data management, performance evaluation processes, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and legal requirements, keeping current on changes in labor laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Track record of professional success and achievement
- At least 6+ years experience in business operations, administration, or a similar role, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the cybersecurity or data privacy industry is preferred
- Strong understanding of administrative functions, including payroll, insurance, and vendor management and procurement.
- Experience with legal compliance, such as federal, state and local regulations and filings.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively.
- Analytical and data-driven, with experience using reports and metrics to inform decision-making
- Experience implementing and managing HR systems
- Develop and implement HR policies
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budgeting, and expense management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and adapt to evolving needs.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and analytical thinking abilities.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
While Optery is a fully-remote global team, this is a U.S.-based position and you will be required to work regular U.S. business hours, i.e. in the U.S. Eastern, Central, Mountain, and/or Pacific time zones.
Compensation & Benefits
- $80K - $140K
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program with employer match
- Paid time off policy
- Stipend for home office setup
Optery values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Optery does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.