I'm hiring for an experienced functional Scala developer to help us with intellectually challenging projects in the areas of metadata and model driven engineering. We build bespoke code generators, numerous codecs, data model authoring and storage platforms amongst other things. We're re-engineering our platforms from on-prem cloud to AWS next year.
We use a Typelevel stack. New services are typically written using Tapir/Http4s, Cats Effect and Doobie.
Within the bank we help run a functional programming interest group, we do Scala training and/or mob programming sessions weekly, many of the team frequent Scala meet ups in London.
Whilst we do work in feature teams where we have large deliverables, you will have to complete individual projects so you'll need to be comfortable working independently.
Some of the role requirements:
- Leads the engineering of cutting-edge solutions in the areas of metadata, data model authoring and storage, and data in place/data in motion
- Collaborates with our users, product management, architecture and stakeholders in our sister teams to ensure we build the right solutions
- Applied development experience in functional style Scala
- Experience working with asynchronous runtimes like Cats Effect
- Meta-programming through libraries such Shapeless or Magnolia
- Domain Specific Language design and interpretation
- Knowledge of domain driven design
- Proficient with SQL/No-SQL databases
Full job spec and apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3784041732/