Image Relay is a fast-growing software company and our development team is small but mighty. We strive to keep our apps and services up to date with modern tools and best practices while adding features that keep our customers happy. We’re looking to add a AWS DevOps Engineer to the team to lead all DevOps related projects for our AWS-based applications.
Image Relay is a unique company in the software realm. We are a certified B Corp
and we were one of the first in the world to offer a digital asset management (DAM) solution. Now, we are working to grow a unique new product coined Marketing Delivery that incorporates a product information management (PIM) system to the platform.
Our customer base includes respected brands from around the globe including Ben & Jerry's, Cabot Creamery, Seventh Generation, Rossignol, O'Neill, Kinders, and Yeti Cycles. We're proud of the companies we work with and strive to develop long-standing relationships by offering a top-tier product and excellent customer service.
Image Relay is a remote company that operates 9-5 EST. We are seeking full time employees who can overlap at a minimum of 4 hours during that time period.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone with 3-5 years experience with AWS Cloud services to take a lead role in building, maintaining, & improving our AWS infrastructure as well as helping build out new tooling with AWS services in support of our Ruby on Rails applications.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can:
- Tune and maintain AWS services
- Maintain compliance with AWS services, including reacting to vulnerabilities
- Create and react to CloudWatch alarms
- Identify large potential infrastructure projects to take on to reduce costs & increase performance
- Query tune & improve database performance
- Work with existing CloudFormation templates & CDK application stacks
- Able to work during at least part of your work day with 4 hours overlap with 9-5 EST
Some examples of what you might be doing
- Work closely with the application engineering team
- Improve CI & CD pipelines
- R&D projects with application engineering to help identify suitable AWS services for scalability and volume loads
- Applying AWS service patches
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with AWS services and infrastructure
- Identify and execute on service tuning for cost savings and performance
- Identify and execute on database projects to decrease pressure and reduce costs
- AMI creation and rollouts to EC2 fleet
- EC2 autoscaling tuning
- Maintaining various Lambda-based micro services
- Strong proficiency with AWS services & infrastructure as code (Cloud Formation & CDK) best practices
- Database administration (MySQL & Postgres)
- Security & privacy compliance best practices
- Cost reduction tactics
- Container-based infrastructure & deployments
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Comfort working in a highly agile software development process
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills and clear status updates
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certifications
- Application coding skills, especially with Ruby on Rails
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote work environment and/or lakeside office space in Burlington, Vermont
- 100% health insurance premium paid for you and family, including dental and vision
- 401k employer match
- Stock options
- Paid family leave
- Monthly stipend to cover broadband access
- Salary range $105k-125k USD
Image Relay is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference given to candidates in the following locations: VT, UT, MA, SC, TX, WI, MI, NY, CA, TN
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.