Atomwise is a technology-enabled pharmaceutical company leveraging the power of AI to revolutionize small molecule drug discovery. The Atomwise team invented the use of deep learning for structure-based drug design; this technology underpins Atomwise’s best-in-class AI discovery engine, which is differentiated by its ability to find and optimize novel chemical matter. Atomwise has extensively validated its discovery engine, delivering success in over 185 projects to-date including a wide-variety of protein types and numerous “hard-to-drug” targets. Atomwise is building a wholly owned pipeline of small-molecule drug candidates, with three programs in lead-optimization and over 30 programs in discovery. The company has raised over $174 million from leading venture capital firms to advance its mission to make better medicines, faster.
About the role
We are seeking a talented and highly collaborative Project Management professional with pharmaceutical industry experience for a highly visible role where you will have the opportunity to work across research and development. The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for leading cross-functional teams, working with key internal partners, and driving positive outcomes in a constructive, diverse, and dynamic work environment. This role will report directly to the VP, Program Management. We are based in San Francisco and provide excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- Partner with project team leaders to manage therapeutic projects to timely decision points from discovery to early clinical development.
- Coordinate cross-functional activities to completion across the various development phases within scope, timelines, and budget. Serve as the main point of contact for project PM related information ensuring a single source of truth for projects.
- Develop and maintain integrated project plans to identify critical path activities, ensure milestones are identified and timeline risk is managed, working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-chair efficient and action-oriented project team meetings and strategic discussions, ensuring functional alignment with team members and other key stakeholders.
- Manage the interfaces between functional areas to ensure effective handoff and communication among program functional sub-teams to execute on important project milestones.
- Coordinate team operations and document, track, and archive project team activities including draft agendas and minutes and tracking of action items and project deliverables.
- Support development of key initiatives for the PM team (e.g., improvement and optimization initiatives, budget planning process, communications, etc.).
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and understanding of team dynamics, able to influence, coach, and motivate teams, and create an inclusive environment.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelors in science, Advanced degree preferred.
- 6 or more years in the pharmaceutical industry, with at least 4 years in a direct Project Management role (must be official title), leading cross functional groups across the product development team.
- Expertise in understanding the drug development process and regulatory milestones, from discovery through early clinical, with the ability to facilitate, lead and follow discussions.
- Excellent communication: presentation, verbal, written skills. Able to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly capable organizer, with an ability to readily access documentation when needed.
- Ability to enable high performing teams and build strong relationships with team members and other stakeholders as the go-to trusted team member.
- Experience working with finance on budget creation and tracking.
- Comfortable working virtually in a start-up environment, taking on ad-hoc tasks as needed.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and other reporting, timeline, and tracking tools; experience with Smartsheet a plus.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or other PM certification equivalent a plus.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner.
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match (up to 4%)
- Flexible paid time off (PTO), 13 paid holidays, and wellness breaks for employees to spend time with their loved ones and recharge.
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options to help save money on healthcare, daycare, and commuting.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Pet Insurance
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous paid parental leave
- High performance culture
- Great colleagues
- Possible hybrid or remote
Atomwise is an equal opportunity employer and strives to foster an inclusive workplace. Our mission is to develop better medicines faster, and we know that we need a diverse team to develop medicines that serve diverse populations. Accordingly, Atomwise does not make any employment decisions (including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, and promotions) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
*Pay range for this role is between $125,000 - $155,000*