Joro helps people unlock the power of their spending to create a sustainable world. With our mobile app, track, reduce, and offset the emissions of everything you buy. We’re a 10-person startup headquartered in Oakland, CA, backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and the founders of Fitbit, Headspace, and Candy Crush. We are honored to be among TIME100’s Most Influential Companies of 2022.
Want to design a solution that mobilizes millions of people to take action on climate change? Looking for real ownership over your work, a tight-knit, collaborative team, building the next big thing from the ground up? We’d love to meet you.
Joro is hiring for our second product designer. We’re looking for someone passionate about designing engaging, impactful, and delightful mobile experiences to inspire people to take climate action. You will have the unique opportunity to help build a design system and team from the ground up as the company grows, and work closely with the CEO / Founder and executive team.
You will learn and grow at lightspeed on a collaborative team. Gain strong ownership on projects from ideation to execution, and participate in an exciting rebrand project with incredibly creative senior folks in the design industry. Learn rapidly in an environment that encourages candid, constructive, collaborative feedback cross-functionally with your teammates. Most of all, join an ambitious, fast-moving company grounded in a mission to take care of our planet and each other by reimagining how we live.
We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. Please apply even if you don't meet all of these requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Define and refine core UI and UX. Define the user experience and visual design of Joro’s core product flows from conception through shipping and beyond.
- Help establish and scale our design system. Explore and collaborate with Joro’s lead designer and engineers to create a flexible, scalable company-wide design system and components, across the mobile app, website, social, etc.
- Support marketing and growth to bring the brand identity to life. Collaborate with the creative team to bring the magic of Joro’s new visual brand and identity to life through digital campaigns, marketing assets, illustration, website, content, and ads.
- Pioneer cutting-edge mobile design. Stay up-to-date with current design trends and technologies to constantly push our team, tools, and product to evolve.
- Build a radical climate movement changing the world, one person and dollar at a time. Help define a new, visionary way of living on earth, helping people develop lifestyles that bring their own consumption into balance with the natural world.
- Track record designing engaging product experiences. Outstanding skills and portfolio in UX / UI design with in-depth experience with designing digital services for consumer mobile applications.
- Passion for delightful UI, visual design, and motion design. A keen eye for interaction and motion design, with a passion for bringing brand into our product through innovative visual design.
- Experience building early, flexible mobile design systems. Experience building mobile design systems for scale in early-stage, fast-moving environments.
- Detail-obsessed. Obsessive over the details of the end to end customer experience, dedicated to creating coherent and beautiful designs that bring the product to life.
- Strong user empathy and personal passion for climate. Deep empathy skills and a relentless focus on the user. Belief that the climate crisis is the greatest challenge of our generation – and our greatest opportunity to reimagine life on earth. Can – and will – put yourself in our users’ shoes.
- Comfortable conducting user testing. We’re a small team, and everyone wears many hats. Every member of our design team should be comfortable independently running user tests, and eager to robustly test and iterate on your ideas with prototypes and user feedback.
- Thrives in ambiguous environments with rapid execution. Happiest and most fulfilled working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Proven experience delivering features on short timelines with cross-functional teams from inception to shipping. Prolific.
- Humble and eager to learn. Clear and open communicator, eager for both positive and constructive feedback. Excited about the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment. Knows no one has all the answers.
Think you might have what it takes, but not sure you meet every requirement? Research shows that women and marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you're passionate about what we're building, please apply. You might be just who we’re looking for.