At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
The Product Engineering team is responsible for developing a wide range of features, frameworks, and functionalities that enable TRM to execute and grow its business. To support our mission, we are looking for a pragmatic Product Engineer who can create internal cloud-based tools and products that can be leveraged by every team at TRM. This is a full-stack position that will contribute to everything from designing backend APIs to delightful product experiences. As an early member of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to be deeply involved in the technical details and champion the velocity, quality, and overall impact of TRM.
The impact you’ll have here:
- Architect and build highly scalable, reliable, and data-heavy backend systems, web applications, and APIs that * will integrate a variety of data sources
- Build performant, and reliable production-grade systems, from whiteboard to production
- Work across the stack (db, cache, code, deploy) to address technical challenges anywhere in the system
- Mentor fellow team members and participate in code reviews and design reviews
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, designers, and product managers to define and implement backend services.
- Create novel approaches to tackling blockchain-specific challenges around scale, security, and privacy.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience designing and building scalable systems, web applications, APIs, and services.
- An understanding of storage systems such as relational databases (e.g., Postgres) and analytical databases.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding customer pain points and bridging their needs to technical & product requirements.
- A high degree of initiative and ownership, combined with the ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
- Exceptional ability to structure problems and identify the most critical issues to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional environment with a diverse group of people at all levels in an organization.
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!