Who We Are:
Paragon One is helping corporations become the classrooms of the future for real work. We're a team out of MIT and YCombinator building scalable remote extern programs to upskill thousands of underrepresented students per year on behalf of corporates like Home Depot, Meta, PwC, HSBC, HP, and National Geographic. After a 6-8 week cohort-based extern program, students earn a certificate from the company and get to put the externship under professional experience on their resume. Nearly 80% of students are from underrepresented backgrounds, and we see 1 in 2 students land Fortune 1000 jobs within 6 months of completing an externship. Our platform and process handles recruiting, training, collaboration, workflow management, and assessment.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a University and Corporate Partnerships Manager with a passion for education, a hustle mentality, focus on results, and strong relationship-building skills. University and Corporate Partnerships Manager is a visionary leader who is proactive, a charismatic communicator, and adept at influencing leaders at Universities. Ideal candidates will enjoy building relationships, networking, leveraging Linkedin, and breaking into new professional circles. They will also be strong at leveraging connections, building presentations, and evangelizing university leaders about Paragon One Externships. We seek aspiring leaders who are passionate about solving extremely hard problems in the education-to-workforce movement.
- Establish formal partnerships with major US universities
- Prospect and build relationships with key stakeholders at major US universities.
- Hold consultative calls with leaders to introduce Paragon One externships
- Build and maintain presentations and BD collateral.
- Build out a process for targeting and engaging US university leaders.
- Develop and execute strategies that will lead to partnerships with major US universities
Skills and experience our team needs:
- 3+ years of business development, BDR, or sales experience.
- Experience in college admissions/ recruiting for graduate schools in the US.
- Grit and perseverance to tackle the hardest problems
- Strong relationship development/networking skills
- Collaborative teamwork and multitasking skills
- Strong presentation-building skills
- Proactivity: Able to work independently and be a self-starter who takes initiative
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work and has a can-do attitude
- Yahoo! Finance TV interview: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6797983228197257216/
- Human Capital Innovations podcast: https://www.innovativehumancapital.com/podcast/episode/2c57482f/s38e23-the-benefits-of-externship-programs-for-the-student-and-for-organizations-with-matt-wilkerson
- Recruiting Daily Article: https://recruitingdaily.com/remote-externships-the-future-of-student-recruitment/
- PwC extern highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UtPw6Kud80
- HP extern highlight video: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/paragon-one_hp-hptechventures-work-activity-6856711255571390464-NV75/