We are a growing engineering team of 90+ developing technology to solve relevant urban mobility challenges. From routing, navigation, ticketing to the integration of mobility services and data analysis – we are on a mission to change the way people move around our cities, offer them alternatives, and help them leave their cars at home.
Our technology stack is versatile and we try to choose the right tools for the right jobs. This includes Docker containers, codified by Terraform in the AWS cloud for backend services; native apps in Swift and Kotlin, as well as React for parts of the apps; modern data collection and analysis; fantastically functional design; agile testing with BDD; all delivered as continuously as possible.
Read more about how we apply the latest technology and software to change how cities move on our Medium tech blog.
- Build and maintain microservices using Scala, that provide a seamless search & routing throughout Mobimeo’s products
- Deploy and operate services on AWS with Kubernetes
- Be part of our cross-functional search & routing team together with other backend engineers as well as mobile engineers, QA engineers and designers
- Contribute to the definition our products and their development as we follow agile methodologies and value your input
- You are an experienced backend-focussed software engineer and like building services using well-defined APIs and frameworks
- You know about Scala or are willing to learn it - we believe in hiring great engineers, not programming language experts
- You know how to operate services in production: deploying, performance monitoring, tracing problems, and optimization are part of the things you have done in the past
- You like to dive deep on complex topics and find elegant solutions
- Knowledge about Amazon Web Services (AWS), Prometheus and Grafana are a plus, but not mandatory
- Be part of a diverse and dynamic team at one of the largest platform developers for Mobility-as-a-Service applications in Europe supported by Deutsche Bahn AG
- Work in an agile and creative environment and have the opportunity to shape the future of urban mobility
- Generous yearly personal development budget for your professional growth
- Subsidized public transport ticket in Berlin or Hamburg
- Attractive and modern equipped workplaces centrally located in Berlin and Hamburg
- 30 days vacation and flexible working hours
- Support on visa process for a smooth move to Germany
If you share our interest in building products that make the way people travel more efficiently, we would love to hear from you!