The Center of Complex Interventions (CCI) is a research nonprofit dedicated to translating the latest scientific research into real world applications that benefit communities. CCI is looking for an operations and communications specialist to work closely with the Executive Director. As part of the operations team, this role will be involved in all aspects of running the organization and will provide an opportunity for candidates to specialize in nonprofit management and administration.
- Serve as an advisor and thought partner to the Executive Director.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to design and implement fundraising strategies/programs as well as develop metrics to evaluate success of initiatives.
- Participate in visits with potential donors to discuss CCI’s work.
- Research and track fundraising efforts.
- Research and identify potential grant opportunities. Assist researchers with grant applications and grant reporting.
- Contribute to communications strategy and oversee communications outputs such as public announcements and website launches.
- Help coordinate, lead, and manage a team of researchers working on a wide range of different projects.
- Manage ongoing research collaborations.
- Help manage day-to-day administrative tasks including, scheduling, processing payroll and contractor payments, drafting employment agreements, renewing insurance, writing documentation for the organization, etc.
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare materials for board meetings, internal team meetings, and external meetings with potential collaborators, clients, and funders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in operations, administration, or project management.
- Experience working with senior leadership
- High energy, resourceful, and self-motivated as much of the work will be independent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Wide variety of interests and enjoys interdisciplinary work.
- Well organized.
- Excels at implementation of programs and ideas.
- Transparent and collaborative approach to work efforts.
- Detail oriented.
- Must display sound judgment.
- Good at building trust and maintaining relationships.
- Scientific/technical background preferred.
- Experience in higher education and/or corporate environments preferred.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
along with the answers to these questions:
- Where do you currently live?
- Why are you excited to apply for this position?
- Describe your past experience in operational roles.
- Describe, if any, past experience in science, technology, public health, or climate change research.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The Center of Complex Interventions, Inc. (CCI) is an equal opportunity employer. CCI complies with and adheres to all United States state and federal anti-discrimination laws with respect to its employment practices. CCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin or ancestry, age, or disability or any other category protected under state or federal law. This policy extends to recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, assignment, working conditions, termination, re-employment, employee treatment, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. All employment-related decisions are made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.