Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Job At A Glance
The Mechanical Engineer position designs product applications and assemblies with multidisciplinary project teams. The position is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting highly complex engineering projects associated with Gecko’s robotic fleet.
Gecko is hiring several Mechanical Engineering positions over a range of experience levels.
Gecko’s engineers work in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. We’re seeking highly self-motivated individuals who thrive in a small company environment and are passionate about developing great products which solve significant problems.
What You Will Do
- Works closely with a multi-disciplinary team to design precision electro-mechanical systems.
- Troubleshoots problems in manufacturing, assembly, and field-use of components; analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Performs detailed drawings and drafting of fixtures, mechanical parts and assemblies, and other components.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product and user documentation.
- Operates robots at customer locations to test and improve designs.
- Part and assembly design, from concept to detail design to manufacturing introduction.
- Detailed mechanical design for a wide range of production fabrication processes in order to optimize performance and cost.
- Create, manage, release, and maintain BOM’s.
- Mechanical modeling and testing of components.
- Validation of components in system configuration.
- Coordinate with software and electrical engineers to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers and suppliers to transition concepts to production.
What Gecko Is Looking For
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. degree or beyond in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience. Gecko is hiring several Mechanical Engineering positions over a range of experience levels.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals and tools, including FEA.
- 3+ years experience in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Hands-on experience with machining, fabrication, and rapid prototyping skills and technologies.
- Testing the performance of mechanical designs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Basic dynamic and kinematic analysis and simulation.
- Experience designing sealed enclosures for electronics and mechanical systems.
- Bonus: some experience with mechanical design factors for imaging (e.g. sealing cameras while maintaining optical performance, illumination, mechanical jigs and references to measure performance).