🚀 What we do at Flagright
Flagright helps businesses stop financial crime with an all-in-one platform for AML compliance & fraud use cases. Our developer-friendly API enables customers to set up their infrastructure in just 4 days. We are a Y Combinator company based in Berlin, Germany, serving customers from 6 continents.
Financial institutions face significant financial crime risks, including money laundering and fraud. These risks can not only result in financial losses and reputational damage for the businesses, but also harm consumers and society as a whole. Consumers may lose their savings if their accounts are used for money laundering purposes, and society may suffer from the negative impacts of terrorist financing and other illegal activities. We believe in enabling businesses with a fast, easy, and affordable security infrastructure.
🛠 You will
- Solve complex engineering problems at a fast pace .
- Deliver high quality frontend & backend code against very tight deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with the founding team to deliver robust and comprehensive interfaces to core compliance and anti-fraud financial primitives.
- Make pragmatic tradeoffs considering customer experience, business priorities and a sustainable technical baseline.
- Own your problems and solve them by teaching yourself what you don't know. Team members will provide guidance, but won't spoon-feed solutions.
- Learn the dynamics of working in a cross-functional, fast-paced team
🙌 Your profile
- At least 3 months of experience in software engineering internship - we care much more about general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Last year at or recently graduated from a top tier engineering school or faculty with a degree in Computer Science. E.g. IITs, National Taiwan Uni, NUS, BITS, PES, Bilkent, Tsinghua and similar.
- Pride in owning tasks to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- A high standard, of themselves and the people they work with.
- Strong and transparent English communication skills.
- Problem solving mindset - see a problem as an opportunity to grow and is motivated to find solutions, thereby focusing on growth and achieving positive results.
🤖 Tech Stack
- Distributed NoSQL Datastores - Cassandra/DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Event brokers and Queues - Kafka, Kinesis, SQS
- Node.js, TypeScript, Go, Scala
- Docker Containers
- AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Fargate
- Apache Spark
- Work alongside a highly competent, top-tier team (Y Combinator, ex AWS, Zalando, Palantir).
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing company.
- Low-bureaucracy, minimal meetings, async communications culture, international culture, flat organization.
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems.
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career.
- Do something meaningful, help stop human trafficking, money laundering, child labor; Be a part of enabling the future of fintech startups.