PlaytestCloud and our products power the player-centric development of modern mobile games. Over 60% of the studios listed in the Top 100 grossing games charts on the App Store have tested their games with PlaytestCloud, so we have a lot of experience under our belt. Our aim is to make it 100% by the end of 2023!
- We’re the premier user testing provider for mobile games - we help game studios worldwide make the best games they possibly can.
- Our online platform enables testing iOS and Android games with real players around the world and provides in-game video recordings, surveys, and reports which game studios use to craft amazing player experiences.
- We’re bootstrapped and profitable, with 300+ paying game studios and 1,000,000+ playtesters.
- At PlaytestCloud, everybody contributes directly to helping our clients make the best games possible.
We are looking for a Junior Research Operations Manager (f/m/d) to help us expertly manage remote playtesting for game studios around the world. From scheduling playtests to finding the players, coordinating research deliverables and sharing the results with clients, our Research Operations team is at the core of playtesting at PlaytestCloud. Our passionate and knowledgeable team manages nearly 4.000 playtests a year, and we’re looking for a teammate to help us run even more!
Tasks that you will work on include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the successful planning, execution and delivery of remote mobile playtests, including scoping, quoting, technical setup and delivery of the results
- Monitor and troubleshoot our automated playtesting products
- Communicate effectively with our clients via email and Zoom to provide project-specific support for their playtesting needs
- Set up playtests and interviews while meeting tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Use in-house and external software programs to facilitate playtesting and client communication, including Asana, Jira, Slack, and Heroku
- Document and regularly update information for playtests and processes related to playtesting
With your application, please send us a short cover letter on why you are a great fit for PlaytestCloud. All candidates, even those who may not have the above-listed experience but can demonstrate the necessary skills, may apply and will be considered.
- You have (near) native spoken and written English skills. German is not required for the role. Any additional languages will be a plus
- You’re able to respond quickly to the needs of our clients and have communicated closely with customers in previous roles
- You have strong organizational skills, with proven time management abilities and are excited to manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- You can quickly learn new complex software. In-house we use our own (custom built) tools and are looking for someone who has familiarity with other complex software or programming languages (e.g. Google Data Studio, Logic Pro X, Unity, Tableau, Ableton, Premiere Pro. SQL specifically is a plus)
- You're open to working a later shift (11:00 - 20:00 Berlin time)
- You like video games and would enjoy working in the gaming industry
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Expand your knowledge of mobile game development and Games User Research
- Work directly with the top mobile gaming studios in the world
- Take responsibility for a core part of the business from day one
- Experience a high level of autonomy in your work
- Be part of a tight-knit, motivated and supportive Research Operations team
- Contribute to a highly successful SaaS research operations team
Here comes the fun part! If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible work hours and location, a competitive compensation package and benefits - and most of all, being your authentic you - we want to meet you.
Here are some of our perks & benefits:
- Hybrid work model: We offer the option to work up to 100% remotely. Nevertheless, you're also welcome to work from our office in beautiful Berlin-Charlottenburg
- You get a budget for professional growth opportunities and, if you wish, German language lessons
- You get a budget to set up your home office environment
- Strong culture: We have a feedback-driven company culture that is open to trying new paths, where the best idea wins
- Team events, (board) game sessions and other fun activities for everyone who wants to attend
- 27 vacation days + additional time off on December 24th and 31st
- Pet-friendly office
- Birthday Presents and Anniversary Charity Donations
- Summer & Winter parties
- Contribution to the occupational pension plan (bAV)
- Net wage optimization (wherever possible and wanted)
- Liberal policy around working from countries that are not your primary residence (workations)
- Our company language is English
DO YOU NEED TO MEET EACH HIRING CRITERIA
A common question you might be asking is: “Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?”
Our answer is, studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. By contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying. We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role, and to PlaytestCloud.
Note: We read every application ourselves and do not rely on automated CV screening.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At PlaytestCloud, we welcome diversity, and believe everyone should have a fair chance at setting a high score. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everybody who works here or with us, regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion (or lack thereof), political affiliation, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or any other protected characteristics. Join us and make the future of mobile gaming diverse, inclusive, and exciting.
If you want to reach out to our Diversity & Inclusion buddies, please send a message to people[at]playtestcloud.com with your request or ask us to jump on a quick call with you.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
If you have questions regarding the job opening or our recruitment process, drop our Talent Acquisition Manager Malvica a line at talent[at]playtestcloud.com.