SwiftSku is a Y Combinator backed seed stage startup. SwiftSku's CEO, Mit Patel, grew up managing the inventory, pricebook, and reporting of his family’s convenience stores, and, when vendors would come by, he’d bridge the language barrier as a translator. More than 85% of independent convenience stores in the United States are owned by Indian families like Mit’s.
SwiftSku’s app connects to point of sales at convenience stores in real time, enabling owners to remotely manage and monitor their stores. We take the guesswork out of running a convenience store with predictive analytics, dashboards, and reports.
Solving convenience store owners' pains of today leads to SwiftSku's greater vision of optimizing the supply chain, facilitating a retailer agnostic consumer to brand relationship, and providing real time insights to brands and retailers.
In the last year we have grown revenue by more than 5X. Today we have over 1000 locations on our platform and we are looking to scale to 10,000+ in the next 2 years.
As the founding member of the marketing department, you will work directly with both founders Mit (CEO) and Daniel (COO). SwiftSku’s marketing efforts to date have been minimal. We are looking to hire a superstar generalist to figure out how to drive user acquisition and create brand awareness among mom-and-pop convenience store owners with no online presence.
- You’ve got hustle and grit. This is the VERY FIRST marketing hire at a seed-stage startup. Leads don’t fall in your hands. People don’t know us. There’s no tried and true playbook. There might be bad days… in fact there are likely to be many of them. But you’re ready to scale Mt Everest, roll up your sleeves, and figure out how to make it happen. It won’t be easy. There’s no existing process, big brand, or anyone to lean on. Just you working with me, the founder, and a whole lot of grit.
- You want to propel your career (and maybe build the skills to found your own company).
- You have at least 2 yrs of Growth/Marketing experience under your belt at a high-growth B2B startup and want to try your hand at building a growth engine from scratch. You are a hands-on operator who’s built and scaled revenue in a fast-growing startup environment.
- You’re not one for defined roles. You’re creative and flexible to try anything and everything to get our ICP to book calls with sales.
- You have excellent prioritization skills and can roll up your sleeves and get things done from start to finish
- You have a desire to be accountable for hitting marketing performance targets and KPIs
- You’re metrics-driven. Can you work backwards from a revenue target to figure out where leads are coming from, where to double down, and where to cut efforts? Missing the mark? Where should we invest to fix our pipeline?
- You’re quantitative and analytical. You make budget investment decisions based on results from your experiments. You can clearly show the founders what’s working and why.
- You can find your way around Google Analytics, Salesforce, Excel and other reporting tools, and can build the reports you need to measure performance. You’re not using guesswork to decide what’s working, you’re looking at the data.
- You are an exceptional storyteller with fantastic communication skills.
- You’re scrappy and aren’t afraid of making mistakes. You iterate quickly until you find what works.
Who is this not a fit for?
- You’re a manager not a doer.
- You can’t work hard right now. If you have other priorities outside of work, being the first marketing hire at a startup is probably not the right move.
- You need a traditional environment and structure.
- You’ve never worked at a fully remote company before
- You’re not excited about helping small family-owned businesses.
- Lead Generation
- Demand Generation
- Creating a brand presence
- Performance Marketing
- Managing Social Media
- Creating a content strategy
- Talking to customers
- Creating & Managing Budgets
- Product Positioning and messaging
- You will be part of the core leadership team and be expected to think strategically and make high-impact decisions.
- You will help find the very best talent to help us grow the department.
- Convenience retail industry experience
- Understanding of Gujarati culture
- Willing to relocate to the US if required