At FinCompare we are on a mission to simplify SME finance by using technology to offer businesses a convenient one-stop destination for all their financing needs. We develop and operate a successful SaaS Market-Network for German small and medium-sized enterprises, financial advisors and financing institutions which provides access to modern and suitable financing products. We are looking for great team members to join us on our journey to become Europe's biggest, most advanced SME financing platform.
Software Engineering is at the heart of FinCompare’s Business. We are looking to extend our remote and onsite team with driven individuals who find pleasure in delivering great solutions that lead our customers to success.
We want you to help us make impactful choices in an agile environment so that we stay ahead of the curve with innovative and effective products.
Our mission: Develop outstanding software, faster.
- Foster a strong and engaging engineering culture as role-model within a remote team
- Collaboratively drive technical planning, and system design within your squad and across the organisation
- Provide team members from product with your engineering perspective on high level initiatives
- Drive us towards small, ideally continuously delivered iterations
- Champion developer-focused automated testing
- Help break down organisational silos and empower technical peers to contribute with a high degree of end2end ownership
- Help in hiring and training
- Manage and improve your squad’s organisation and performance as a hands-on leader
- Handle “tough nuts” and help us remove technical impediments
- Maintain an environment where failing is safe, learning desired and innovation welcomed
- You enjoy solving customer problems
- You have worked with multiple back-end programming languages and frameworks of at least golang or python
- You embrace a “T”-shaped profile with at least one area of deep technical skills
- You have extensive experience with service-oriented architectures
- You enjoy problem-thinking and deeply care about simplicity and understanding
- Your understanding of the software development process end2end allows you to work with strong opinions and lead from the front
- You can express yourself and your ideas effectively to technical and non-technical team-members
- You command English level C1 or higher
- 2 cross-functional squads, planning 3 and 4
- 1 Python Monolith, 5 golang services
- React, Typescript
- Rest, GraphQL, Websockets
- moderate diversity of AWS-services (EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, SNS/SQS, Secret Manager)
- ELK Stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Sentry.io, Jaeger
- All software dockerized, different cluster environments including a flexible of cloud-dev environments
- Mostly github-based CI
- Unit-Tests & integration-/API-Tests (Gherkin-based)
- Github, Slack, Atlassian Jira
- “Maker Time” - engineers don’t have too many meetings
__Diversity & Inclusion
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- Company growth-outlook with an established strategy and long-term stability
- An attractive remuneration package
- Active support in your personal development via individual training and frequent in-depth feedback via a comprehensive organised scheme
- Experienced managers and team-members that encourage ownership and high standards
- Flat hierarchies, open communication and company transparency
- Gain experience in a largely untapped sector with strong growth expectations that is B2B online finance
- A nice office with a great atmosphere in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and multinational team that melts the best this world has to offer
- Any hardware, software, tools you need
- Modern working at home or in our beautiful office in Berlin, with flexible working hours and regular team events + opportunity for Workation
At FinCompare, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace drives innovation, creativity, and success. As such, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply and intend to consider all applications equally regardless of sex, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.