We're looking for a senior rails developer to come work with us at WodBoard. WodBoard is gym management software that helps gym owners run their businesses and helps their customers, the gym members, live healthier lives. The name won't make any sense unless you've walked into a functional fitness gym before so moving swiftly on...
The sector is besieged by long term players with out of date technology and bad business practices. We're seen as a refreshing alternative that's new and upcoming. We're a bootstrapped company so there's no VCs to answer to. That doesn't mean we're not ambitious though - there's a massive market we're going after and we want to create lasting change. As a combination of these two things we've a heavy focus on getting stuff done.
The role has the opportunity to grow into a CTO position. That's something the founder currently does but the reality is more and more of his time is being taken up by the business side so ultimately the reins need to be handed over.
A little more about the technology part:
- We don't think it's perfect but we stay pretty true to the Rails ethos and core stack. Focussing on what we can achieve with the technology, rather than the technology itself, is the most important factor for us
- We have a mobile app you could also get involved in
- It's really refreshing using technology to do something that helps people in a real world tangible way. Changing lives and increasing health through technology is very motivating!
- You'll need strong ownership skills. As a small team we don't have project managers. You'll be responsible for your tasks so you'll need to be good at taking ownership and reporting back to the team.
- We love simplicity. We're fanatical about it. This goes from our codebase, to our infrastructure, to how we operate as a company. It can be harder work upfront but it sure makes life easier down the road.
- We spend a lot of time talking to our customers and understanding their problems. This has been a strong competitive advantage over the years
If you're successful you'll be joining a tech team of 2 other developers. The position is fulltime and by no means do you need to be into health/fitness to work here. It's a remote position but you'll need to be on an EU timezone so there's sufficient overlap with the rest of the team.