Intellum is the creator and leader of the customer education market. We are privately-owned, profitable, and powered by a globally distributed team who truly cares about delivering remarkable learning experiences.
Our Engineering team currently consists of about 20 people and operates from the Americas, Europe and Oceania. Remote has been the bedrock of our culture for over a decade.
At Intellum, you will be joining a very successful organization and help the largest and fastest-moving brands in the world successfully educate their customers, partners, and employees.
What we offer:
- Remote Working with a flexible schedule, supported by a strong culture of asynchronous communication.
- Working together with a team of smart, interesting people with the lightest, most supportive structure possible to be successful.
- Varied, interesting technical challenges for talented engineers to tackle and large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus on getting things done.
- An opportunity to play a significant role in our mission to improve the lives of others through educational technologies.
What we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for an engineer with experience in scaling services, troubleshooting and managing incidents with diverse systems, that will help us grow the Intellum platform.
- We’re looking for a detail-oriented and reliable individual, someone the team can trust and that can be responsible for their tasks to completion.
- Required time zone between PST and UTC+2.
- Applications are written in ruby on rails and node, using postgresql and mongodb for storage, redis, memcached, elasticsearch, websockets, etc
- CI/CD stack based on Spinnaker, Jenkins, GIthub actions running on Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as code with terraform + ansible
- Multiple cloud providers AWS + Google Cloud
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Can work independently and asynchronously.
- Can assume responsibility for a task from start to finish.
- Are comfortable taking decisions within your areas of responsibility.
- Proactively communicate with other team members to seek help and support.
- Have managed infrastructure in one or more Cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Are familiar with Infrastructure as code tools (Terraform, cloudformation)
- Have experience using configuration management tools like Ansible or chef, etc
- Have managed large fleets of linux servers
- Feel comfortable automating tasks and writing scripts (bash, ruby, python)
Extra bonus for:
- Experience with ruby on rails or node js applications
- Experience tuning/scaling relational databases (Postgresql, mysql)
- Experience improving monitoring and reliability of systems
- Design and implement secure, scalable, and reliable infrastructure
- Automate processes and workflows to reduce the workload and ship products faster
- Monitor virtual infrastructure and be part of a 24x7 on-call rotation to respond to alerts
- Work with software engineers to ensure application updates fit with the infrastructure and modify it as needed
- Ensure backups are in place so we’re able to recover from disasters.
- Create and manage technical infrastructure documentation and training documents
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, etc.
- Extended time viewing a computer monitor
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Occasional irregular work hours