As Atla's founding engineer, you will build systems that automate the most complex knowledge work in the world and achieve levels of performance previously considered unattainable. As part of your role, you will:
- Build Atla's software product and features end-to-end.
- Work closely with founders, advisors, and top-tier researchers to navigate the complexities of AI alignment.
- Build and grow our engineering organization, setting a high bar of excellence that propels Atla forward.
- Tackle unsolved product and engineering challenges - the hardest in the world for LLMs in production.
- Demonstrated ability to build world-class software products.
- Generality and ability to move across the stack:
Backend: Proficient in statically typed backend frameworks (e.g., Java, Golang, Typescript, C++), with Python proficiency as a plus.
DevOps: Familiarity with CI/CD platforms (e.g.: Github Actions, CircleCI, Cloud Build, etc.).
- Experience with relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL) and ideally with NoSQL databases.
- Solid grasp of algorithms and data structures.
- Product-driven engineering approach, keen on delivering exceptional outcomes.
Nice to have
- Experience as an early engineer at a fast-growing startup.
- Interested in and thoughtful about the impacts of AI technology.
You are going to thrive at Atla with the following mindset:
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with strong communication skills.
- Comfortable with the uncertainty and fast pace of a hyper-growth startup.
- Willingness to continuously learn and adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Unpretentious and hard-working; find the best ideas wherever they come from.