Become a Key Member of the Growth Team at a Video Marketing SaaS that is Powering 1000s Entrepreneurs’ Businesses
If you want to join as a remote team member at a profitable, high growth startup, where you will be a key member of the marketing team, executing campaigns that will ultimately reach 100s of thousands of entrepreneurs, marketers and business owners, while also gaining vast, practical hands on experience, then this Growth Marketing position is THE job for you.
This is the startup position where you’ll build a killer resume since 1 year here you’ll learn more than 5 years in a typical role. And not only that, but if you can succeed in this role, we want you to grow with us into an executive level position.
. A video marketing platform that helps entrepreneurs scale their businesses in the face of bigger, better-funded competitors. We do this with the advanced tools in our video marketing & hosting platform. We’re 6 years old 🎂 and growing 50-100% per year. And you’re going to be a part of the team that will add a few zeros to that growth rate.
This is a rare chance to step into a management role in a startup, where you can grow with us, without all the early pain of getting product market fit, revenue, profitability or fund raising. We’ve already done the hard part, now it is scaling time.
At a glance… 💪
- Report to the CEO, a serial entrepreneur, 8 figure marketer himself
- You will be executing campaign ideas from the CEO (who doubles as our CMO and face of our brand)
- Our shared goal is to scale campaigns that can profitably spend $100k per month on ads.
- You’ll be in charge of GSD (getting shit done) in marketing, which means hiring & managing individual contributors (see more below)
- You'll be the person accountable to getting campaigns to the finish line
- This job is split between managing (people and projects), as well as occasionally getting your hands dirty with putting the pieces together
- Kick ass, and continue to grow with us as we scale, e.g. you will grow in responsibilities.
What will it be like working at Vidalytics? 💻
We have a backlog of ideas that we want to test out. And our goal is to test as many of them as fast as possible. You’ll be the key player making that happen by orchestrating the marketing team.
Here is the team we have or are building…
- CEO / CMO – This is ME! I’ll set the strategy and project priority w/ your input. I’m also the face of the brand. And will help with a variety of marketing projects, as I’m a veteran full stack digital marketer.
- Copywriter – They crank out the words that make it all happen.
- Media buyer – Right now we’re running on Meta, and looking to get going on YouTube and Tiktok.
- Video Editor – Pretty clear what they do.
- Web designer – They build out pages, funnels, etc.
- Marketing Coordinator / Analyst – this person on the team is setting up things like Zapier, Google Analytics, auto responders, metrics on conversions, etc.
- Plus the rest of the tech and product team as needed to help us execute wherever needed, including our Head of Product who has essentially been our Marketing Project Manager in the past.
Just so you know, this isn’t where you’re given a marketing budget and sent on your way with well wishes. Nor are we a company where we view marketing as a necessary evil that we want to spend as little time or money on.
We are a marketing centric company.
Who You Are (Personality Type) 🦁
You’re, like, SUPER organized. You like numbers. You’re analytical.
- You’re familiar with all aspects of full stack marketing, if not actually having hands-on experience. The things you don’t know, you want to.
- You’re hungry for knowledge but more biased towards action.
- You aren’t necessarily Type A, but you can drive a project to completion whether that means rolling up your sleeves or getting results from other people.
- You are tech savvy — you love the technical topics of marketing (analytics, tech, split testing, media buying).
- You’re an adult, which means you’re accountable to deadlines and results. You get results, even when the unexpected arises.
- You have strong emotional intelligence (EQ) – You know how to handle tough convos; you can take honest direct feedback AND you can give the same; even when emotions arise (which happens) you keep your cool and professionalism.
- You embody Vidalytics’ values (see below, and no these aren’t just things we say to fill up space in our job posts, they are how we run the company)
What You’ll Be Doing (Job Tasks) 😃
- Flesh out strategies – We agree on a course of action (strategy), and you turn this into a concrete plan, with all the details thought out, such as onboarding, funnels, paid ads, upsells and split tests.
- Manage projects – You take a project we’re going to tackle and spec out all the steps into Clickup w/ all the resources and instructions for each contributor to complete their work – including task responsibilities, dependencies, timeline, etc.
- Review marketing materials from individuals as they come in as a first line of defense to make sure they are good to go.
- Own the deadlines – if it is a marketing project, you’re responsible for it getting done on time. By unblocking team members and keeping the momentum going!
- Keep a pulse on the data – You’ll stay on top of our ongoing marketing projects’ data, such as ads, emails, split tests, etc. Using this to prioritize our upcoming projects.
- Help recruit and manage individual contributors on the marketing team (contractors and team mates).
- Organize our marketing assets – You’ll be in charge of keeping track of our campaign assets, the stats on how they performed and to build out a ‘knowledge base’ of campaigns and best practices.
- Help put the pieces together – we have several team members to help setup automations and other systems, but you’ll be at least overseeing this and getting involved to an extent.
Bonus if you can also help…
- Design tactics and strategies in the area of growth hacking, social media, conversion rate optimization & product-led growth initiatives.
We’d Love to Hear From You If (Job Requirements) 👊🏻
- You can crush the tasks list above
- You’ve done this type of work before and been successful (we will check references)
- You have native English ability
- You have a bias towards action
- You’re detail oriented
- You’re VERY organized
- You’re in the Americas and able to work during USA business hours
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks) 😉
Great company culture. You’re going to be part of a team, not a cog in a machine.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our leadership team is here to help you become who you want to be, not to micromanage you.
- We value your ideas. At Vidalytics, my door is always open. Need help? Let’s talk! Have a vision for the future of the company? I want to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy a generous PTO package.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Vidalytics pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- This is a resume-making position, where you’ll learn a lot and have a lot of responsibility. You don’t have to wait for someone to die or retire to move up, like in a mega-corp. You’ll grow with us!
(Yes, We’re Actually Serious About These) 😇
1 - Meritocracy – we’re building a Meritocracy, where the best ideas win -- not based on who has the bigger title. The following values underpin this. You should embody these traits.
2 - Direct & honest communication (transparency) – to be successful we have to face the truth and be honest. And that starts with each other. That means we give direct feedback. We want it in exchange. So feel free to argue your points, just be ready to get onboard with decisions once they are made.
3 - Ownership & Accountability – the best people are the ones who OWN their position, tasks and even things that go beyond their ‘day to day responsibilities’. They never say, “that’s not my job.” Instead they proactively spot problems and always try to think like the owner of the business.
4 - Intelligence and smarts – we prize smart people. Who doesn’t? But it's not just book smarts but “business smarts” where you’re able to solve problems. Think for yourself. And don't be intimidated by any problem, no matter how complex. (Aka growth mindset).
5 - Self aware (personal growth) – we want people who can look at themselves objectively, admit their mistakes and be open to growth. When you bring this attitude to your profession, it becomes a place of personal development and self actualization.
6 - Integrity – trust is the glue that holds us together. We need to be able to trust you whether it is regarding the quality of your hours, the deadlines you set for yourself or anything else.
7- Urgency – we’re a startup and you need to be able to meet deadlines. We need someone who pushes themselves when they need to and hits deadlines. And also knows how to prioritize the important things.
8 - Hard working – we’re trying to get shit done on a budget. If you’re looking for an easy job, go elsewhere. Instead, this job will constantly have challenges and opportunities to learn and grow professionally. But we try to have fun while we’re doing it and consider each other friends.
9 - Data – whenever possible, we want to make decisions based on data, not emotions or opinions.
10 - No assholes – Doesn’t matter how good someone is at their job, if they are going to make life suck for other people on the team, then they aren’t welcomed at Vidalytics.
Founder / CEO @ Vidalytics