What is Mesh?
Mesh is a performance enablement platform that helps distributed teams achieve their goals faster by
- establishing clarity of goals throughout the organisation
- inculcating the habit of regular check-ins
- enabling continuous feedback and constructive advice throughout the organisation
- career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact on the bottom line.
At Mesh, we look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy fun and maybe even a little weirdness. If you think you can see yourself delivering WOW as a member of the Mesh team, then check out the job description below!
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
- Be flexible in how and where you work - we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
What you’ll do
As a member of our team, you will:
- What you’ll do
- Provide technical leadership to major projects, build and guide an engineering team of 7-10 top-notch engineer
- Define and execute the engineering plans for the areas under his/her ownership
- Ensure the best engineering practices are adopted & followed across the organization
- Define, implement, and maintain the hygiene of the production systems (both engineering and processes) for the areas under his/her ownership
- Challenge business & product on outcomes, channelize feedback into execution and be accountable for engineering outputs
- Hire, mentor and coach the engineering team
- Communicate effectively and keep internal & external stakeholders updated on the progress of projects Facilitate discussions and leading decision-making on all engineering aspects of his/her team
What you'll need
- BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- Min 8+ years of software development experience and min 2+ years in leading teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Hands-on experience with React JS, Redux, Storybook, Typescript
- Ability to communicate your ideas and approach to solving problems with clarity.
- Proven track record building and managing high-performing software development teams.
- Practical experience and ability to drive the design and architecture of multiple subsystems with other senior members of the team
- Past experience with startups and fast-paced environments is an added advantage
- Experience with agile methodologies like scrum.
- Cloud/SaaS experience, Infra knowledge of popular internet serving applications in AWS (preferred) or any other cloud and saas providers
What else does Mesh have to offer?
We’re so glad you asked!
- We invest in our people’s personal and professional growth because that sort of growth begets business impact and personal fulfillment
- We believe in the value of continued learning investments and reimbursements. We offer a competitive salary (including equity) and our benefits are thoughtful.
- We believe that taking the time for you is important and have a flexible vacation/time-off policy to prove it.
- Mesh has also implemented a remote-first hybrid model (team-dependent, you work from wherever makes you most comfortable).
If that gets you excited, now is the perfect time to join; so bring your appetite for ownership and creation and help Mesh continue to grow!
Mesh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, colour, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.