Nook is a construction-tech startup based in Ho Chi Minh City that matches reliable, quality workers with construction projects on demand in Southeast Asia. Founded by two Harvard MBA students and a Vietnamese local with 10+ years of construction experience, Nook is solving the most pressing challenges faced by the construction industry in Vietnam.
We are a small and effective team united by our commitment to making a long-term impact in the Southeast Asia region. More importantly, Nook is a human-centric company. We care deeply about our customers, partners, and team members. It is the source of our competitive edge.
The Position and Responsibilities
We are looking for an Executive Assistant in Ho Chi Minh City, who will report directly to our co-founders to execute administrative and operational tasks.
Your specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- scheduling internal and external events,
- drafting email communications, Vietnamese to English translation (written and conversational),
- electronic and in-person outreach to various partners, drafting basic internet research reports, and fielding customer service inquiries.
- You will also be given operational freedom to execute tasks given directly from the founding team.
- You will leverage your deep knowledge of HCMC’s local operating environment to assist and also advise our team on best practices.
- An ideal candidate for the Executive Assistant position hinges on three key qualities: VN/EN mastery, ruthless organizational skills, and HCMC local expertise.
- First, we are looking for candidates with exceptional English to Vietnamese (and vice-versa) language abilities, who can flawlessly translate working documents and act as interpreters when required.
- By local expertise, we are looking for the ability to help the team navigate local business customs and traditions.
- Finally, an ideal candidate is resourceful in using different tactics to achieve the goals of the team.
Other qualifications include:
- 3+ years experience in administrative or operational roles
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese (written and spoken)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, responsible, and punctual
- Resourceful and scrappy problem solver
- Familiarity with common productivity and collaboration software (Office, GSuite, Slack, Asana)
At Nook, you will be part of a small, tight-knit, and highly effective team. We are fast, action-biased, and expect all teammates to be self-starters with a spirit for entrepreneurship.