We are JOIN, a team of 75 colleagues from various backgrounds, all on a mission to democratize recruiting. JOIN is one of Europe's fastest-growing HR-Tech startups with over 80,000 customers in 6 countries and more than 100,000 job listings.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
- Collaborate with frontend engineers, product managers and DevOps/Platform teams to create meaningful features for our customers through our custom-made work methodology Agile SDLC/Kanban
- Conduct peer code reviews and attend project retrospectives to discuss and execute improvements as a team
- You don’t just implement requirements, you help to define the requirements and propose the best way to achieve the team goals
- As a role that works cross-functional across other teams, you are expected to demonstrate great communication, ownership, accountability, and team play
- Self-independent in task implementation, we offer help whenever it’s needed, but we aim to teach people how to get the information they need on their own
- Participate in technical retrospectives to discuss testing culture, architectural solutions, automation topics, coding standards, and many more!
- You are not “just” a coder — you are empowered to and always thinking about our product value that you can bring and how to improve the experience of our customers
- Our mission as Frontend Guild is to provide JOIN’s customers and their candidates with a smooth UX experience, simplified and beautiful UI, and rich functionality to achieve their goals by using our data-rich capabilities.
- We strongly believe that Frontend engineering should be collaborative with product and design teams, that our UI is diverse and has accessibility and security in mind.
- We take care of our guild’s tools by building robust and Figma synced Design System, code generators and coding conventions to create consistency, avoid wasting time on scaffolding and clutter, and focus on the business logic and customer value.
- Stability is our utmost priority, hence we write E2E tests for all scenarios and optimize performance to make our product feel a bliss to use.
NICE TO HAVE:
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Development experience in React.js and Redux
- Extensive unit testing or E2E skills
- Use data or reliable source of information to drive the decision making during discussion, design or implementation phases
- Have the ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- Be conscious about speed of delivery vs quality of code and find the best balance
- Experience with TypeScript is a huge plus
- Experience with JS/TS linters, webpack, babel, or other bundle/configuration management
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL
- Experience with Cypress
- Experience working with micro frontend applications (islands/services)
- An attractive annual salary ranging from EUR 60000 to EUR 70000, tailored to align with your level of experience.
- Macbook Pro or PC
- Stand-up desks
- Experience an inspiring, diverse, and international work atmosphere
- Work in our design office located in the famous Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg, in the heart of Berlin!
- Regular team events, company events, breakfast or lunch sponsored by the company
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid work approach: If you work in the office as an employee (3 days a week), you'll receive an annual mobility budget of €600 for either Rydes or a BVG card
- Benefit from 4 weeks of "Work from Anywhere" each year after your probation period
- You'll receive an annual benefits budget of €600 and can enjoy the perks from 35 premium partners.
Our recruiting process is designed to help us learn as much as possible about each candidate, provide candidates with insights into our team, and show them what it's like to be a team member at JOIN.
1. HR Screening call - Google Meet
2. Skills & Motivation (Engineering Manager & Director of Engineering) - Google Meet or onsite
3. Cultural Fit (Product & Engineering Team) - Google Meet or onsite
4. Technical Interview (Engineering Team) - Google Meet or onsite
5. Offer from HR - Google Meet
We believe that uniqueness connects us and helps us succeed both as individuals and as a team. That's why we not only welcome diversity but celebrate it. We take equality and inclusion seriously and commit to welcoming everyone in our team with openness, acceptance, and respect. At JOIN, we want all team members to feel seen and supported.
We welcome all applications, regardless of age, physical or mental abilities, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other diverse backgrounds. Need assistance or accommodations, either in the workplace or during the hiring process? Please do not hesitate to let us know!
Don't meet all the requirements? That's okay too; we're open to exceptional profiles and celebrate diversity!
Sounds interesting? We look forward to getting to know you!