Ovipost designs automated, scalable insect farming systems. We are a team of farmers, engineers, biologists, and creative problem-solvers with a passion for insects and the environment.
Our mission is to reduce carbon emissions and protect critical ecosystems while enhancing food security. Our insects consume agricultural byproducts and generate highly nutritious protein that can be used in a variety of food and feed applications. Ovipost’s current facilities in Florida and Mississippi grow crickets and superworms for use in pet food.
Ovipost is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ovipost seeks a hands-on Product Manager to lead the process of launching new physical products and improving existing insect-based product lines. Products include live insects, insect meal, and frass. You will ensure smooth customer adoption by actively identifying and addressing concerns before and during product rollout. This role will involve working closely with the farming team, customers, regulatory agencies, packaging manufacturers, designers, and vendors.
- Define project objectives, scope, budget, and timeline
- Track project and provide regular reports on project status
- Identify and mitigate potential risks
- Work with consultants and/or vendors to develop product packaging
- Oversee product rollout and make changes as necessary
- Test different iterations of our products; conduct experiments to reduce costs and/or improve product performance
- Develop and maintain relationships with team members, key customers, vendors, lab partners, and others who are critical to project success
- Experience developing and launching physical products. Bonus points if you have worked with perishable products (e.g. packaged food), pet products, or live animals.
- A can-do attitude with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility; consistently looks ahead and anticipates needs before they arise
- Fast-paced - you move fast and make things happen
- Highly organized, with a superpower of driving people & projects to measurable outcomes
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Proficient in stakeholder management
- A team player who excels in working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Computer skills are required (e.g., email, calendar, and shared drive)
- Experience with Google Suite (docs, sheets and slides)
- Willingness to travel. The role requires spending considerable time on-site at our facilities in Mississippi, Florida, and other future locations.
- Candidates with more than two years of product management experience are encouraged to apply—especially candidates from underrepresented backgrounds with experience in food or agriculture
Location and Salary
- This position is based at our location in Canton, Mississippi. Due to the physical nature of our products, it is not possible to excel at this position while working remotely.
- Salary and/or stock options will be commensurate with experience.
- We offer flexible working hours, paid vacation, and the opportunity for growth.