We are looking for a highly motivated experienced Developer to maintain and build out our advanced demo environment. In this key role you will join the Sugar Labs and build company critical assets. The Sugar Labs, a part of the Strategy Department, is a Service Center dedicated to SugarCRM demo environment and innovation.
Your main focus will be software development: build state of the art software and tools for the demo environment. Write ongoing improvements. Create new software to integrate with our Marketplace.
This role will include another important focus: operations. This skillset is not required, you will learn with the help of the other team members. Operations skillset includes: maintain the demo environment. That consists in maintenance, running upgrades, monitoring the environment, writing server scripts to automatize deployments, backups, termination, hot fixes and also support our users via a ticketing system. Support other departments helping to access to prereleases.
You will lead a small team of developers, follow up with sensitive projects and ensure the delivery quality. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing effectively your time. You will report to the Sugar Labs Director.
IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE IN THE ROLE:
- Help building and improving company critical assets
- Lead a small team of developers
- Closely work with the Project Manager and the Sugar Labs Director
- Understand and challenge the requirements, set and manage priorities.
- Perform design and code reviews regularly
- Explore and evangelize new software design and architecture
- Challenge and learn from your peers
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Strong focus on time management
- Develop Proofs of Concept to continually improve processes and products
EXPERTISE YOU WILL BRING IN:
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise software development and/or distributed SaaS systems
- 5+ years of software programming for the web is required
- Client side, server side and data store experience is required
- 3+ years of experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (e.g.Github)
- 5+ years with databases (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) in a production environment at scale
- Experience with continuous delivery and/or continuous integration is required
- Excellent communication skills across a global cross-functional audience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- Proficient communication skills in English and Romanian
NICE TO HAVE:
- gnu/Linux server administration and security
- AWS environment (EC2, RDS, IAM, Connect, Lambda)
- 3+ years of experience with cloud services
- 5+ years with LAMP architecture
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation
- Write scripts for Ubuntu servers (shell, PHP) for crontab
- Experience with micro services, containers, and pipelines
- Read and understand (not write) Ruby and Python
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some sweet benefits and perks:
- Private medical and vision benefit coverage
- Health &Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Educational Resources - Career & Personal Development Program
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible work hours
- Meal tickets
-We are a merit-based company with many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career!