We are seeking a Lead Product Designer to join our growing team!
Community Brands – leveling the playing field between for-profits and purpose-driven organizations
Community Brands provides a connected network of solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to thrive. Our software powers non-profits, associations, and K-12 schools to engage the people they serve through programs and events; raise funds to enable their mission; and manage their financials and operations. Our family of brands are bound by a common purpose to serve the organizations that make our communities a better place to live. With over 1,600 employees in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, India, and the Philippines, we know that our success is driven entirely by the people of Community Brands. Through professional opportunity, we strive to give each person a clear path to success and personal growth. We embrace diversity and believe that our differences in experience and perspective are the key to our sustained success.
YM Careers is part of the Community Brands association software suite, a complete set of solutions that help member-based organizations increase revenue, improve efficiency, and digitally engage members. YM Careers is the industry leader and most trusted career center platform for 20+ years and counting, bringing innovation to the 2500+ career centers we host for the niche industry and association market. We power the largest association job board network in the world. Associations leverage YM Careers to provide a valuable member service, acquire and engage new members, and generate non-dues revenue by helping their industry employers find talent.
Create value worldwide by helping craft software that enables the world to advance their professional lives through the YM Careers SaaS career center platform! You’ll collaborate with our high energy Product Development team to deliver valuable insights and advancements as a member of our Product Design team.
A Day in the Life
- Help ideate the user experience and target gaps via market research, along with Product Leaders and SMEs to find, create and leverage valuable business opportunities.
- Track and measure HCI and UX related KPIs and user patterns within the software, with special attention to measurements after feature releases.
- Translate KPIs, projected market changes, and feature pain points into actionable enhancements.
- Craft experience maps and user flows to gain insight to the user’s current and ideal experience while detailing feature flows that can identify and document the ideal states along with edge cases.
- Rapidly design iterative wireframes and mockups based upon user stories and present the visual concepts to internal stakeholders, including Product and Development leadership with the goal of identifying changes, design, and development requirements early and often.
- Draft interactive prototypes that effectively communicate vision and functionality to internal stakeholders.
- Serve and reinforce strict design and code guidelines in the platform’s design (HTML/SASS) framework to sustain a re-useable, semantic, WCAG 2.1 compliant framework.
- Work with your UI/UX Developer to provide code and/or implementation instructions for the facilitation of your designs.
- Assist the product team by helping promote a unified story of the product and its needs.
- Partner with Product to create UxD user stories, framework functional requirements, and plan capacity for new epics and stories for the Product Design and Creative Services teams.
- Aid in crafting presentations and participate in meetings to resonate with external and internal stakeholders and absorb meaningful feedback.
- Create and consistently evolve a standard for excellent and intuitive product experiences and actively ensure they are reflected across all Product Design deliverables and effectively harmonized across integrated platforms.
- Effectively communicate and balance business, user, client, and development values and requirements throughout every stage of the Product Project Lifecycle.
- Collaborate with UI/UX Developer and Creative Services team members to share and obtain knowledge, helping each other grow to enhance and cultivate your careers, leverage strengths, and work on shortcomings.
Your skills include…
Design / Product Skills
- Firm understanding of the principles of design, gestalt theories, human computer interaction (HCI), etc.
- Knowledge of design programs such as the Adobe Suite, InVision, and Sketch
- Knowledge of business programs such as Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of management software, JIRA preferred
- Experience working within an agile product team
- Extensive and measurable years of experience working within design teams with a proven track record of high-performing results
- 4+ years of relevant software experience in Product Design or UI/UX
- 2+ years of experience with SaaS/white-label software platforms and the specific requirements and restrictions which come with them
- History of experience working with international hybrid teams
- Ability to effectively deliver rapid turn arounds to maximize business and product value while maintaining high quality output
- Excellent track record for transforming negative client or business gaps into valuable business opportunities
- Presentation skills are a plus
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Design, User Experience, Web Development, or equivalent experience, training, and certification
- *Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume, cover letter, or elsewhere during the apply process
Why work here?
Good People, Doing Good Things: Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Flexible Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Community Brands actively embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a meaningful way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be which is why we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States (without sponsorship) and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.