In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Our customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Our team brings top researchers in physics-based battery algorithms together with seasoned software engineers to build safety-critical firmware and large scale machine learning systems. We bring with us decades of experience from companies like Tesla, Facebook, and Google.
We’re looking for a Battery Lab Manager to drive battery test lab activity schedules, manage the test equipment, and ensure the accuracy and quality of the team’s work product. As a key member of our Lab Operations team, you will manage and inspire a team of technicians to deliver high quality test data and manage day to day tasks to accomplish overall program goals. The ideal candidate is someone who takes initiative, has an intuition for continuous improvement of lab workflow and processes, uses common sense, and takes a creative and resourceful approach to solving problems.
- Build, train and manage a team of battery lab technicians and support their growth
- Ensure tests are conducted safely, correctly, and efficiently to drive completion of test programs on schedule
- Ensure the technical quality of all lab test results, compliance of lab activities with test standards, and that completed tests meet all customer requirements
- Lab equipment capacity planning for customer test program operations
- Setup, commissioning, and validation of new test equipment
- Promote a culture of safety by identifying and mitigating risk
- Maintain the lab equipment through the coordination of regular tool calibration, preventative maintenance, and service events
- Identify and track metrics to monitor performance and highlight opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and cleanliness within the team and lab
- 5+ years of lab management experience (battery lab experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an engineering field (such as electrical, mechanical industrial)
- Experience with safety-critical lab processes and technician training (e.g. high voltage lab experience)
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to overcome technical challenges
- Experience with project management process and software (Jira, Asana, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with testing and creatively resolve unforeseen problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal customers and support teams
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working from our office in San Francisco, CA or remotely.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family.
- A 401k savings plan.
- “Unlimited PTO” vacation policy.
- Excellent colleagues who are interested in your happiness and growth.