UI Designer at Anchour
We are looking for a driven and passionate UI Designer to join our creative team at our agency. Our UI team works collaboratively with clients and our in-house team to create beautiful digital experiences, specializing in designing, developing, and optimizing e-commerce websites, marketing websites, and service-oriented experiences that put people first. In this role, you’ll see your hard work come to life in many ways and for many unique brands, and you’ll have the opportunity to join (remotely or in-person) one of Maine’s fastest-growing companies.
Anchour is a hard-working creative agency of 28 people and growing, offering strategy, design, experience, and growth services to businesses in various industries, including consumer goods, hospitality, financial services, healthcare, and professional services. Our partnerships provide strategy, branding, website design, development, copywriting, and full-service digital marketing.
We’re here to discover greatness together, bringing big ideas, useful things, and smart growth to brands that do things the right way. We help the good ones win.
Anchour is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of change makers, we believe that we produce our best work when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our design team, you’ll take on the following objectives and responsibilities:
Design exceptional web experiences
- Design thoughtful and intuitive digital experiences that delight end users and clients.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style through visual touch points.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to evolve and refine design systems, ensuring visual cohesion and efficiency across all user touch points.
- Document and share cross functionally how and why components, styles, and patterns are to be applied in code and design.
- Collaborate with strategists on page layouts, organization, and execution.
Facilitate a research-based and user-centric approach
- Use customer data and user feedback to inform design decisions and optimization.
- Organize and structure complex information to help diverse audiences easily find what they need.
- Define interface logic and behavior, always keeping human behaviors and needs in mind.
- Continually learn and advocate for evolving user-centered design methodologies with clients and the internal team.
- Clearly communicate user-centered design methods and their value to non-designers.
Advance the UI practice and workflow
- Confidently lead meetings and present deliverables to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Constantly explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand methodologies and work.
- Collaboratively share knowledge, techniques, tools, resources, and expert advice with our strategist, designers, and developers.
- Contribute to team-wide resources and training materials, including methods, guides, presentations, and design toolkits.
What We’d Like To See
Our goal is to continue building our team with people who have diverse strengths and backgrounds. We want to hear from you about what your skills are today and how you’d like to learn and grow in the future. That said, we’re looking for professionals with the following:
- At least 5 years of experience as a UI Designer, Web Designer, Product Designer, or a similar role.
- We’re a team that believes in punching above your weight. If you feel your experience and portfolio is representative of what we’re seeking, we encourage you to apply.
- Strong portfolio of UI design, Design Systems, and user-focused design work.
- Deep knowledge of usability, accessibility (WCAG), UI Design, and excellent visual design skills.
- An inclusive, human-centered approach to UI, with an understanding of both business and user needs.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Figjam is required.
- Experience with visual design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, or ProtoPie is a plus.
- eCommerce experience and working knowledge of Shopify, Wordpress, and front-end dev languages such as HTML and CSS are a plus.
- Confidence preparing and presenting work to a range of clients, and organizational skills to manage numerous projects and deliverables across different teams and clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (articulating design decisions, collaboration skills for cross-functional teams, evangelizing design thinking, etc.)
- A collaborative and ego-free personality, with enthusiasm for working with and receiving input from our team of designers, strategists, and developers.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive base salary
- Health and Wellbeing Benefits
- Premium Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Optional Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Opportunity to work 100% remote or from our office in Lewiston, ME
- WFH equipment allowance and reimbursements
- Time Off Benefits
- Vacation time off
- Sick time off
- Nine (9) paid holidays
- Flexible Holiday PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Company-wide closures (such as Summer Fridays, and more)
- Family, medical, bereavement, and other types of leave
- Retirement Benefits
- 401(k) with matching up to 4% of your eligible compensation