As a Platform Engineer at FRIDAY you will help us shape our digital products and utilize our state-of-art technology stack to disrupt an old school Industry.
So, If you are eager to work on the leading insurance technology of tomorrow, and become a vital part of our Tech Hub in Berlin, then you’ve come to the right place!
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND AND SKILLSET
- Manage and maintain the internal service platform in Kubernetes and general infrastructure in AWS.
- Help teams achieve self-sufficiency by providing tools, templates, and general support to enable them to work efficiently with our systems and Platform.
- Define the scalability plan for different services by tracking their internal metrics and using observability principles.
- Generate initiatives in incremental iterations to ensure the constant improvement of the Platform.
- Influence technical decisions and define the future of the Platform along with Developers, Architects, and Managers.
- Share DevOps knowledge, tools, and practices with the Platform team and Development teams, maintaining best practices and implementing new ones as needed.
- Maintain the Platform stability and manage the infrastructure accordingly to deal with incidents as well as proactively prevent them.
- Define security policies and processes to ensure that our Platform is compliant with current standards.
- Proactively document and promote new ideas within Engineering.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- 6+ years of experience working with production environments and infrastructure-related jobs.
- Good understanding of DevOps culture, practices, and tools.
- Experience working with Linux Systems, CI/CD, containers, and IaC.
- Experience working with cloud providers. AWS is preferred.
- Good understanding of K8s and orchestration systems.
- Knowledge about how to build secure systems and Platforms.
- Open-minded, problem-solving mindset.
- Teamwork-oriented, avoiding silos, and excited to share knowledge.
- Be a good communicator, be an example for less experienced Engineers, and work collaboratively with others.
THIS ROLE IS IDEAL FOR YOU IF:
- Employment contract with a competitive salary, and attractive benefits including 30 days of vacation.
- Yearly allowance for Home Office needs.
- We offer a modern and employee-oriented workspace and culture.
- We know that smart people need freedom, an inspiring working environment and trust to thrive – we offer you that :
- No dress code
- Culture of diversity and creativity with smart people who take pride in what they do
- International environment – Offices in Warsaw, Berlin, Paris and Luxembourg colleagues from 30 nations.
- Home office policy that allows you to work anywhere in Germany + additionally
once per year home office allowance paid out
- Office space in the heart of Berlin
- Learning environment
Want to disrupt the insurance industry, our team has gained years of experience as entrepreneurs, insurance experts, and senior technologists. For this, we need the best Engineers that value state-of-the-art technologies and love high standard solutions.
FRIDAY is the essence of over 180 individuals, who build a strong “we”. We are a technology company with an insurance license and have offices in Germany, Poland, Luxembourg, and France. Together we all pull in the same direction: In becoming the most popular digital insurer in Europe.
We are already one of the fastest-growing Insurtechs across Europe and care for our employees, their ambitions, dreams, and challenges. Together we build an environment where everybody feels empowered to explore, grow and shape a better future for us, our customers, and the world around us - this is what makes us a unique employer. Join us today and let’s shape our tomorrow.