RevenueCat makes building, analyzing, and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $1.5B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 50 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We're a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
We’re looking for a Senior SDK engineer to work on our open source SDKs and automations.
Our CoreSDK team focuses on making our SDKs easy to use, well-tested and robust, and ensures they can be updated often. You’ll contribute to our iOS, Android, Flutter, React-Native, Cordova/Capacitor/Ionic and Unity SDKs, with code written in Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, Dart, Typescript, C# and Ruby.
You’ll learn how each of the platforms work and work with modern technologies like SwiftUI, Swift Concurrency, Android Coroutines, Sound null safety in Dart, and CI/CD pipelines, with a strong emphasis in API design, testing and robustness.
If you’re curious to learn more about the kind of work our team does, here are a few blog posts describing some of our projects:
- You love making products for developers.
- You enjoy learning new coding languages and trying bleeding-edge technologies.
- You are passionate about automation, high-quality software and testing.
- You have 5+ years of experience in software, and have shipped mobile apps to App Store / Google Play.
- You are very experienced in your favorite programming language, and have at least some experience with Swift, Kotlin, Objective-C or Java.
- You ask questions when you're stuck on something.
- You don't mind cat puns/bad cat jokes.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Bonus points for experience with contributing to or managing open source projects.
- Bonus points for experience building SDKs, frameworks or CI.
In the first month, you'll:
- Learn about our customers, our SDK, the in-app subscription ecosystem, the problems RevenueCat helps solve, and how our SDKs fit into that
- Open your first pull request and deploy changes to be used by 12,000+ apps
- Onboard into our codebase by working on your very first project and shipping it 😺
- Learn how we maintain as much transparency as possible with our work in GitHub
- Begin reviewing code and add to our engineering culture
Within the first 3 months, you'll:
- Have enough experience in our codebase to confidently debug and investigate bug reports from our GitHub repos
- Make improvements to how we test, review, and ship code to improve quality
- Have worked in our iOS and Android SDKs and have done some work in the hybrid SDKs
Within the first 6 months, you'll:
- Be the most knowledgeable person on several key features
- Have your own initiatives for improving the code base and our infrastructure
- Take turns with the other engineers in our team to lead the development of a feature 🙀
- Have a firm grasp of how all of our different SDKs work
- Have a firm grasp of how our infrastructure and automation works
Within the first 12 months, you'll:
- Know more about mobile subscriptions than anyone ever should
- Use your knowledge to contribute ideas to RevenueCat’s suite of solutions
- Be able to spec, architect and build any feature we might want to build
- Have experience in all areas of technology stack related to SDKs and be the primary expert/owner of at least one area
- Help mentor and onboard new engineers, shaping the RevenueCat engineering culture as we continue to expand the team
- Help prioritize the roadmap to provide maximum value to developers, while pushing the team and technology forward
What we offer:
- $173,000 to $194,000 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth