About Cerrion 🚀
Cerrion is an early stage Zurich-based AI startup backed by Y Combinator and leading Silicon Valley investors. Our mission is to accelerate the manufacturing industry’s transition to sustainable and autonomous production. To do so we are building AI and human-centered automation that enables everyone on the factory floor to make better and faster decisions. Our team, which consists of AI PhDs, Ex-Googlers and serial entrepreneurs, has built video-based Computer Vision that is automatically monitoring production lines across the globe. If you are fascinated by building technology that has real impact on industries that affect our day to day life, we're the right place for you.
We are already working with some of the largest manufacturing companies in Europe to help them make their operations more transparent, stable and efficient. And we are just getting started: Our goal is to change the status quo and have our video-based AI monitor every production line in the world. In order to scale our solution and to develop our technological stack to be more efficient and robust, we are looking for your help.
We are hiring a Full Stack Engineer.
🎯 Your responsibilities
- Together with the product team and the designer work on delivering the smooth world-class user interfaces.
- Work together with the technical team on system architecture development, identifying potential issues with the IT design early on.
- Work with the customer feedback: identify the optimal way to fulfil even the most sophisticated requests.
📚 Our backend stack
- Training pipeline on Cloud VMs, experiment tracking in MLFlow, migration to run on Kubernetes in progress
- Data streaming with Apache Kafka, persistent data storage in MongoDB
- Containerized microservices with docker compose
- Computer Vision models in PyTorch
- Processing mixed on-prem/on-cloud, storage on Google Cloud
🛠 Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in frontend development with React
- Proficient in Python development, at least 1 year of experience with object oriented programming
- Previous track record of building technical architectures
- Being used to writing unit tests
- Versed with the docker deployment workflow
- Experience with basic DevOps in a Linux environment
- Good knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience of working with GCP and other major cloud providers
- Good Linux knowledge
- Fluent in English
- Highly detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Previous work experience in product teams
- Interest in managing people
- Having a gut feeling as to what can be done quickly and dirty and what should be done properly.
👐 Why Cerrion
As an early employee, you are given the chance to join this world-class team and substantially shape the future of a Y Combinator-backed company and be part of its success. Working at Cerrion also enables you to gain unique exposure and impact into different manufacturing industries. Apart from the excitement of building novel technology which has the potential to revolutionize one of the world’s biggest industries, we offer:
- Flat hierarchies, where you work directly with the founders and are part of key decisions
- A dynamic, unbureaucratic environment with a “get things done” mentality
- Flexible vacation and home office policy, and flexible working hours
- International and talented team of start-up professionals
- Opportunity to strongly impact future of a fast-growing company
- Competitive compensation with stock ownership in a growing YC-backed startup
- A stimulating and challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth