Collectly is a fast growing and profitable healthcare tech startup that leverages proprietary interfaces with electronic health record systems to improve the patient financial experience. Over 300,000 patients are engaged daily across thousands of medical practices in the US to accelerate and increase patient cash flow, streamline pre and post-service billing operations, and provide the best patient experience that works for all demographics.
We are looking for a first person in finance so you will be doing many things on your own! Looking for a detail-oriented and experienced person to oversee our financial operations. As a Director of Finance you will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, developing and implementing financial policies and procedures, and providing strategic financial guidance to support our business growth. This role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently. This is an in office role and candidates located in Los Angeles only will be considered.
- Manage all aspects of accounting operations, including A/R, A/P, payroll and treasury.
- Prepare and present financial reports in accordance with GAAP, including monthly financial statements, budget versus actual variance reports, and comprehensive key financial metrics.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts, and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Work closely with company leadership to inform them of financial statuses and opportunities.
- Oversee financial risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. A Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or a professional accreditation such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
- Proven work experience as a Director of Finance, Head of Finance or Financial Controller, preferably in a tech startup or a high-growth business environment.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
What We Offer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
- 100% employer-covered medical benefits (including vision and dental)
- Compensation: $130K - $170K