Bismillah. LaunchGood is actively looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer!
Are you a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer that wants to build awesome products that will be used by millions of people around the globe? If so, read on.
You'll need to be comfortable with both frontend and backend development (some specialization is okay!) You should be adept at turning product designs into usable products. We use full stack Typescript (Nest.js backend and Next.js+Tailwind frontend). Our approach to Engineering at LaunchGood is like Henry Ford: you can code in any language you like, as long as it's Typescript!
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you'll be expected to help mentor and guide more junior team members especially on architecture and technical design. You should be motivated to help team members understand architecture, integration patterns, and how to write maintainable code that works at scale.
We're a fully remote company, but we make a point to meet up in person at least a few times per year in inspiring destinations (Istanbul, Alexandria, Cancun, Doha, and Bali are examples of onsite destinations). Roughly a week of travel 2-3 times a year is a requirement.
What you'll do
- Work on products & features that user's love, impact for communities around the globe
- Implement mission-critical (macro)services using Nest.js (Node.js)
- Create user experiences using Next.js (React) & Tailwind on the frontend
- Design & build standards-based APIs using Open API (Swagger)
- Relentlessly drive enhancements to push them into the hands of our users
- Champion improvements by working across the product & design teams
- Deliver systems that handle high-volumes with high-availability
- 7+ years experience within a product-oriented software engineering team
- Strong experience with Express.js, Nest.js, or other backend framework
- Strong web stack fundamentals (HTTP, servers, browsers, caching, etc.)
- Experience with TDD workflow and all manner of test automation
- Experience working fully remote & with teams that span multiple time zones
- Strong relational database design savvy & solid experience with MySQL or Postgres
- Some experience with CI/CD systems, managed infrastructure, etc.
- Knowledge of standards-based REST APIs using Open API
- Basic modern dev-ops knowledge; working knowledge of Docker, etc.
- Basic working knowledge of semantic markup & styling (HTML/CSS)
- Gear up! We offer a generous equipment stipend for you to get the hardware you want
- Celebrate! We offer flexible paid time off plus a generous time off for both Eids
- You're covered! Medical benefits for employees located in qualifying countries
How does global work?
Our team is generally aligned to either US Eastern or Pakistan Timezone, allowing for overlap between the two. Preference will be given to candidates with favorable timezone overlap.