We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join our efficient Finance team in the area of Tax Compliance and Financial Systems.
You are the perfect candidate if you embrace the challenge of strengthening Blinkist’s Finance Team by elevating our Tax Compliance and Financial Tech to the next level. You’ll bring in your expertise to analyze our current tech setup, and become the owner and go-to resource for all international tax compliance topics. Your excellent planning and communication skills will allow you to own thrilling projects from day one, and act as a trusted partner to both Finance team members as well as senior management.
If you are someone who loves to take initiative, share your expertise and see the impact of your work, we would be delighted to have you join our team!
Check out the interview process for this position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/fnm 🚀
What You Will Do
What You Need To Have
- Take the lead on cross-departmental projects to improve Blinkist’s tax compliance.
- Support with complex tax issues in international tax law.
- Work on different challenging tasks in national and international projects with a focus on tax accounting.
- Use your expertise to bring our Financial Tech side to the next level by streamlining accounting and other financial processes.
- Improve our effectiveness and efficiency through smart use of automation, data and 3rd party tools.
- Review existing policies and collaborate with key stakeholders to agree and implement new company policies.
- Establish effective relationships with relevant external stakeholders like tax consultants, legal counsels and auditors.
- Provide trainings for our international colleagues in different departments.
- Minimum of 4 years experience on a finance team or in consulting, banking / venture capital fund.
- A degree in Business Administration or Economics, ideally with a focus on Taxes, Accounting or Financial Systems.
- A comprehensive grasp of HGB (German accounting law).
- Experience in the field of ERP systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with fluent English language skills (German is a plus).
- A results-oriented mindset and the ability to work independently in a structured manner.
- Confidence to act as a trusted advisor to different stakeholders throughout the organization.
- A high level of commitment and excellent analytical skills, even when working under pressure.
- Flexibility and the desire to collaborate in a team environment.
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Weekly yoga & fitness classes in the office & remote
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.