Welcome to Vinterior, the new home of vintage. We think there’s a better alternative to brand new – our purpose is to champion vintage for a more characterful and sustainable world.
Vinterior launched in 2016 with 12 London dealers and 200 mid-century furniture pieces. In five years, we’ve grown to 1,800 vintage sellers across Europe, listing 200,000+ products across 97 furniture and homeware categories and generating over $600 million in sales worldwide.
After growing 120% in 2020, we’ve become the leading vintage marketplace in the UK. And we’re not stopping there. We’ve raised a $10m Series A to accelerate growth and expand into new markets, with the mission to become the #1 vintage platform in Europe by love and scale.Our company values
Our interview process looks for people who share our company values
- Aim for greatness
- Never stop learning
- Show your grit
- Own your ideas
- Do the right thing
- Show customers the love
The more our values sound like you and describe people you’d enjoy working with, the more likely you’ll thrive at Vinterior.
About the Engineering and Product team
Vinterior comprises a team of 43, including 5 in engineering (1 staff engineer, 1 senior engineer, 3 full-stack engineers). We currently have 3 cross-functional squads, plus a varying number of stakeholders. The Product & Engineering team is split 50/50 between men and women, with a diverse range of nationalities spread across Europe, in the UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal and Hungary.
We love to experiment and are currently working in quarterly cycles. You can view our engineering best practices
to better understand how we work, what we care about and why.
Problems we’re solving
With big ambitions come big problems. Here are some of the biggest challenges we face:
- Organic growth. We have been growing organically by making our large inventory highly discoverable on Google and delivering a great experience for our customers. We will further invest in organic growth by continuing to optimise our site for SEO, creating content at scale, and making the customer journey seamless with performance and conversion rate optimisations.
- Search and discoverability. With over 1 million listings added to our marketplace, we have to automate curation and improve our discovery experience to help customers find the perfect pieces that match their needs, tastes and budget. This ranges from improving inventory data quality at scale to crafting a better search experience and offering personalised recommendations.
- Seller experience. Our 1,800 sellers are independent small and medium-sized businesses that have to juggle many tasks with limited resources. Our aim is to equip them with the tools and market insights that allow them to grow their online sales with minimum effort. By helping them with the heavy lifting of building a business online, we enable our Sellers to spend more time on what they are passionate about: sourcing and restoring unique vintage pieces.
- Design, implement, test, and track full-stack features for our Rails app both independently and pairing with other engineers following our Vinterior Engineering Best Practices
- Be a member of a remote squad collaborating with Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Analysts to define squad goals, and then prioritise, scope, plan and deliver work to accomplish them.
- Own the engineering delivery of medium-sized features, breaking down features into tickets, reporting on progress and escalating blockers
- Communicate clearly with stakeholders regarding expectations, different options, and the impact of any trade-off
We’re looking for people with
- Enthusiasm for front-end development and creating great user experiences
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- A love of learning
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with ReactJS and/or Stimulus JS
- Experience optimising the performance of a rails application and the front-end
- Experience managing software projects
- Worked in a startup
- Worked in a remote team
- TDD experience
- Product focused
- Strong writing skills
- Like to pair (but we won’t force you to!)
What to expect when you apply
- You can expect to hear back from us within 1 week.
- We’ll organise a quick phone call to talk you through the role and learn a bit more about you. This will likely be with our VP Engineering.
- We'll organise a technical assessment involving a take-home coding task and/or code review exercise with a member of the engineering team. There will be no whiteboarding or technical grilling.
- There will be a culture and values assessment with members of the product team, so you know who you'd be working with.
- Finally, you'll meet with our CEO or COO.
- If all goes well we will make an offer to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for being patient and we’ll be in touch if we’re keen to take your application further. We’ll also notify all applicants once the role has been filled. Vinterior is passionate about championing diversity and treats each application equally and respectfully.
- Employee equity
- 25 days paid leave + 8 bank holidays
- Charity days - paid leave to support your chosen charity
- Flexible working hours; up to 2 hours +- normal working hours
- Optional co-working facilities
- Monthly health and wellbeing allowance
- ThanksBen, flexible benefits platform (private medical insurance, pension scheme)
- Employee discount across our Vinterior platform
- CharlieHR discounts and employee perks
- Training budget for workshops, online training, conferences etc.
- Macbook + £300 new starter allowance to ensure you have the perfect home set up
We operate on British office hours, so we’re looking for people who are fully available to work during these hours.
This is a remote role, so please check that you have a suitable and stable internet connection before applying.
No recruitment consultants please. Visa Sponsorship not available.