We help everyday people to invest in the startups they love.
Wefunder is the largest funding platform connecting founders with their community. Over the past few years, we've helped fund over 1000 pre-IPO startups with $500M+, from early-stage moonshots to unicorns.
Wefunder's Story 💡 https://wefunder.com/wefunder
Our Public Benefit Corp Mission 🎙 https://wefunder.com/charter
Note: Wefunder is a hybrid workplace. This position is based in San Francisco.
We’re a team of founder types. Your potential matters more than your background or experience; we’re the company where you can take your shot. Everyone is here to learn and grow, to work on a meaningful product, and to fix capitalism. We’ve spent years lobbying congress to fix the law, and in turn, created this industry.
- 💰 Salary Range: $75,000 - 85,000 / year
- 🚀 Generous stock options package.
- 🏝 Unlimited vacation days with no less than 3 weeks off.
- 🚞 All-expense-paid Wefunder vacation once a year.
- 😷 Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 💻 Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- 🧇 Lots of free food and drinks. That includes daily lunch and weekly team dinners.
- 📚 Classes & conferences. If you can learn something useful, we'll pay for it.
- 🪖 Be on the frontlines. Email, call, Zoom with founders and investors and solve problems internally with the rest of the team. Your communication will be key in how founders walk away from their Wefunder experience.
- 🪵 Be the branch for founders raising on Wefunder. Advocate for them, empathize with them, and set clear expectations for them. You’ll be the go-between for them and the legal, technical, product teams.
- 🤑 Manage back end money operations. Ensure every penny gets from point A to point B
- 🚰 Manage a robust pipeline of companies. Know them like the back of your hand.
- 🏅 Be the first person founders trust. You’ll be helping them with one of the most important aspects of running their business: getting money. You should have their complete trust.
Skills & Experience
- You ruthlessly prioritize. You will be a primary point person for founders as they go through the crazy process of fundraising and their ultimate goal - getting their funds - on top of having dozens of competing priorities. You know how to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can code-switch between building rapport with CEOs, alleviating concerns from skeptical CFOs, discussing valuations with investors, and fielding questions from diligent attorneys. Don’t forget communicating all of that to our team as well 😇
- You thrive in ambiguity. You’re comfortable learning quickly and asking a lot of questions. You prefer being thrown in the deep end. You aspire to learn every small detail about the fundraising and funding process.
- You have incredible organizational skills. You can stay on top of managing internal operations, calls, and debugging all while make sure that balls do not get dropped when dealing with dozens of founders.
- You’re extremely accountable and reliable. If you say you’ll do something, you’ll get it done.
- You’re empathetic but firm. You’re creative in finding solutions, and know when to hold your ground.
*If you feel like you don't meet all of the points above, but love this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We don't want a confidence gap and imposter syndrome to get in the way of meeting incredible candidates.*🦄
To apply, email Suzanna (suzanna[at]wefunder.com) with your CV or LinkedIn and why you'd like to work with us.