As a Product Designer at JR286, you wake up each morning thinking about ways to better serve athletes/consumers by chasing curiosities, building what’s next, and helping shape the culture of sport and advancing human potential with an acute understanding of how Nike accessories complete the athlete ecosystem. The role will entail athlete insight research, concept generation, communication with the development team for sample creation and final specification packages. He or she will be involved in high-level meetings with senior leadership as it relates to the category. A strong knowledge of hard goods is required and your strengths in those areas will be heavily relied upon. Partnering with your Design Lead designing well-thought-out concepts and presentations to management and Nike executives will pave the way to success.
**Please include a digital portfolio in the Documents tab or include a link to your online portfolio in the Links tab of your application.**
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Design Lead and gather, interpret insights from athletes and clubs.
- Based on product briefs, lead the creation of innovative new products in the categories and product types as assigned.
- Lead and own the category at each stage of the product process (internal and external) with Design Lead: Concept Design Review, Prototype/Sample Review, Line Finalization, and Approval Process
- Partner with cross-functional team members in Design, Development and Product Line Management (PLM) groups to ensure design commerciality and strict adherence to targeted price points and product creation timelines- Work with the category PLM to define seasonal projects and ensure creative inputs and business goals are in tandem & work with Product Development on setting seasonal innovation and incorporating current technologies into concepts.
- Maintain regular communication with PLM and Product Development teams regarding design/development.
- Must have a proactive, independent decision-making state of mind.
- Lead the category design efforts for the assigned product categories by developing consumer, marketing, and business knowledge insights.
- Adhere to dates and deadlines.
- Be flexible with multiple season deadlines and ability to juggle multiple SKU’s.
- Perform any additional related job duties and special projects as assigned by the Design Lead.
- Other duties as assigned
What to Bring:
- 3+ years related Product Design/Industrial Design.
- Degree (BFA/BA/BS) in Industrial Design, Product Design or related design education preferred.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of storytelling in regard to design, project intent.
- Strong sketching/rendering skills in a mix of mediums including rapid Ideation, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Sketchbook Pro.
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe CS and Microsoft Office programs.
- Extensive knowledge of technical materials, construction methods and manufacturing processes for hard goods.
- Function independently or with other team members in a group setting. A positive force for the betterment of all members of the team.
- Additional working knowledge of any of the following programs Solidworks, Keyshot, Rhino, Maya 3D, and/or Fusion 360 software is a plus
Nice to Have:
- Capable of operating in a fast paced, dynamic and evolving environment.
- Detail oriented, self-driven and highly motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy communicating with all levels.
- Excel in effective time management.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- This position operates in a brand-driven consumer-focused environment, which is dominated by large multinational sporting goods and specialty retailers. The designer must understand the needs and wants of the consumers and align with the category business plans in fulfilling the needs of the athlete.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data) + benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k match, life insurance, pet insurance)
- Responsible Time Off (aka Unlimited)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free lunches Monday through Friday
- Company gym with access to personal trainer
- Hybrid office schedule (3 days in office/2 remote)
- Summer hours (Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- 13 company holidays
- Professional development workshops
- Employee product discounts on selected brands